Saturday, August 15, 2020

Tucker: Lockdowns are destroying America (video) and 5 helpful hints for staying sane...

the madness is an epidemic.  

I go very few places anymore, and when I do, the number of people with filthy rags tied on their faces is shocking and appalling.

To be fair, I'm way less affected by all of this than many other people.  Having a big part of my "social life" revolving around errand running had me thinking that maybe I should rethink how I interact with others.

I realized, after smacking myself upside the head, that how we live our lives should be our decision - not forced on us by a tyrannical government.

I like the advice given by Deana Chadwell over at American Thinker today:

"So. Are we going to take this lying down? No. We’re Americans. We think and we fight and we can do this fighting in the privacy of our own thoughts by holding those thoughts accountable. How?"

1. By making sure the thoughts we entertain are our own. Are we saying, “Trump’s an a—hole,” because the evidence is plentiful and we can cite the sources? Or have we just heard that said so often that that’s how we see him?

2. By consciously separating our emotions from our thinking. A thought has a rational basis -- emotional reactions do not. Thoughts fit together in non-contradictory ways -- emotions are all over the place. Fear is an emotion that, when nursed and allowed to boss us around, can be as deadly as any virus, especially this virus, which has an over 99% recovery rate.

3. By talking to people. I read the other day that 67% of Americans are afraid to express their political opinions.  Of course we are -- people are getting fired, expelled, and ostracized for doing so.  But here’s where we have to suck it up and do so anyway -- calmly (see #2) and kindly, but forcefully. Our president does this, and yes, the left hates him for it, but we all know he tells the truth and truth is the only thing that will hold our minds together.  If we can’t tell the truth, we can’t avoid lying, and if we must continually lie, we can’t stay sane.

4. Speaking of truth, we hold onto our thoughts by connecting them always to our Creator, who is the author of truth. As all this evil swirls around us, we must remember that His goodness will prevail; it always does. If we can’t figure out what the truth is, we can know that He knows and is in control.

5. We can also counter the untruths by being more studious. We must learn history – our angry young people think slavery was an American invention and that only blacks were enslaved -- dangerous misunderstandings. But we can fix this by learning civics -- knowing our constitution; by learning science and knowing how off Darwinian theory really is; by learning what the Bible actually says, and not just what some false prophet claims it says.



Now I have much outside caulking to do in a quest to finish painting my house before snow falls.  I treated myself to a new "no drip" caulk gun to replace my two ancient ones.

That little yellow gadget is their patented Caulk Buddy to smooth corner caulking. My finger has always worked just fine, but I'll give it a try. 


No comments: