Sunday, August 30, 2009

Rep. Diane Watson - Just Another Racist

I wasn't planning on posting today because it is Sunday, but after reading Stacy McCain's most recent post, I felt it my "spiritual duty" to share with you what he wrote.

Stacy started his post with a quote from Ronald Reagan quoting Whittaker Chambers. If you have not read Cold Friday by Mr. Chambers, I urge you to do so. Excellent!

"Whittaker Chambers . . . wrote that the crisis of the Western world exists to the degree in which the West is indifferent to God, the degree to which it collaborates in communism's attempt to make man stand alone without God. And then he said, for Marxism-Leninism is actually the second-oldest faith, first proclaimed in the Garden of Eden with the words of temptation, 'Ye shall be as gods.' The Western world can answer this challenge, he wrote, 'but only provided that its faith in God and the freedom He enjoins is as great as communism's faith in Man.' "
-- Ronald Reagan, March 8, 1983

Read the rest of Stacy's fine post proving that he is not just another comma machine, but a deep thinker as well.




2 comments:

Robert Stacy McCain said...

Favorite line from Scarface: "I kill a communist for nothing. But for a green card, I'm gonna cut him up real good."

Adrienne said...

RS - Sounds about right to me....