Friday, August 28, 2009

Linky Love


By Friday I am always so worn out by the constant barrage of news that I feel like I've been smacked by a wayward fish at Pike Place Market.

So how about some linky love? Sounds good to me...

On Kennedy:

Acts of Apostasy: Into the Hands of God Well said, LarryD

Abbey Roads: The Friday Breviarium Equally well said, Terry

Gramma's Right Again: My Mama Always Said Short and to the point!

The Other McCain: If it was ok for Kennedy to joke about killing MaryJo Kopechne slightly different take on the subject but equally valid (and really very funny in a gruesome sort of way)


On Just about Everything:


Agnes over at Mulieris Dignitatem had been staying up 24/7 posting, posting, posting. And this fine lady claims she doesn't even drink coffee. I'm impressed!

From Glenn Beck:

Do you want this poster on the walls in your child's classroom? A listener sent in the following...

"My Husband and I are avid fans of the Glenn Beck show. Glenn said to send in anything strange we are seeing...so here is my strange sighting. This poster is in the very front of my son's 2nd grade classroom...along with the latest book about Obama's new dog...."

Thanks to Shelley for sending this in.

My thoughts?

Besides the poster being vomit inducing, I think Shelley needs to be heading to the principal's office and may want to re-consider the benefits of homeschooling.



On ObamaCare:

American Thinker has several wonderful must-reads:

Obama's Road to Healthcare Serfdom

Barack Obama doesn't care what you think

I have been dreading the next few weeks for the very reasons pointed out in the second article. Every since seeing some of the town hall footage posted on Gateway Pundit, I also dread something a bit more violent happening. The last time I saw fury like this was during the Vietnam War. This is what 7 months of Obama as president has brought to this country. There's been plenty of change and very little hope.


The BlogProf: Video: Anti-Obamacare Ad That Is Banned By NBC, ABC

One of these days I'm going to learn The BlogProf's secret to a gazillion quality posts per day. He teaches, is a competitive natural bodybuilder, has six rug-rats, and still has time to do an outstanding job. Maybe he has a Smitty hiding in the wings....who, by the way, has written OediPOTUS Wrecks a fine, fine piece of work!

15 comments:

SQUELLY said...

I'm glad somebody else feels this way on a Friday! Thanks for the great links!

ABNPOPPA said...

Adrienne,

Thanks for posting the commercial. It only goes to prove that ABC and NBC are in the obama pocket.

Pops

Adrienne said...

Squells - by Friday I really, really feel like my head is going to explode. I'm convinced it is lowering the ability for folks to fight off illness. Seriously!

Adrienne said...

Pops - Thanks to BlogProf for posting it - I only linked to him (cause he's cute, doncha know.) Hubby calls me a "dirty old lady" but he wouldn't have it any other way!

Subvet said...

That poster in the 2nd grade classroom is disturbing to say the least. Those of us adhering to traditional "God, family & country" values are now opposed by others whose loyalties are so baffling there can't be any real communication, only contention. Contention that will become ever more pronounced until actual physical violence is the norm.

Being Catholic, I've no doubt as to ultimate victory. But I dread the trials leading to it and their effects on my family.

Terry Nelson said...

Thanks for the link hon!

Anita Moore said...

Barf-o-rama on the poster. This is one of the stupidest things I've seen since the "great women in history" quilt from my college days, featuring panels celebrating, among others, convicted traitor Ethel Rosenberg.

Larry Denninger said...

Thanks for the link, Adrienne! You are too kind.

MightyMom said...

ICK

Sarah - Kala said...

That poster brings to mind a particular film quote: "Oh, shit. There goes the planet!"

The blogprof said...

Thanks for the link Adrienne! No Smitty in my wings. Just a massive case of obsessive/compulsive disorder. Works for me though.

Adrienne said...

MM - ICK says it all...

Adrienne said...

Sarah - good quote!!

Adrienne said...

BlogProf - I only have a minor case of OCD. That must be my problem...

Agnes B. Bullock said...

I really don't drink coffee- I read quickly and link to what is important and correct, otherwise, why bother? I love your blogs and have greatly been inspired by them (Also, since what I usually want to say has been said by better bloggers, posting links is a shortcut for me)