Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday Rest & Sunday Silence



On my other blog I talk about Sunday Secret Places. These are special places where we go to experience silence and listen for the voice of God.

I fear these next two weeks are going to be tumultuous times for the future of our country. We, as a nation and as individuals, will not be able to respond appropriately without the help of Our Creator, and a day of rest.

I think it would be helpful to remember
Our Lord's commandment to "keep holy
the Sabbath (or Lord's Day, if you prefer.") This is not something that we bloggers are very good at doing. And you can certainly put moi on the top of the list of Sunday saboteurs.

I have been busy since 6am perusing my Google Reader, with only time out for Mass and breakfast. I've viewed and read things that have run my blood pressure up and given me a headache. I don't think this was what God meant by "keeping the Lord's Day holy."

I'm heading to the library, my Bible, and another cup of French press coffee. I think that may be closer to the commandment.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

God created coffee before He created Man. I'd say that coffee with some Bible reading is a splendid and noble idea!

Angela M.

Tracy said...

Beautiful Adrienne!!

Sarah - Kala said...

Ha! Love anon's line there. Funny!
I am going to start skipping reading and posting on weekends (next week - as I failed to implement it this weekend, even though I did well staying away as much as I have) for the same reasons you say you need to stay away.
I'm making potato soup for our dinner.
I'm off to have another cuppa coffee and hopefully finish a sewing project to share tomorrow.
God bless!

Adrienne said...

Tracy - you are always so sweet!!

Adrienne said...

Sarah - anon is Angela Messenger who taught me everything I know about whining. I love her... For some weird reason she can't post comments the regular way. I blame Obama!

Potato soup sounds so good. I have your recipe printed out and am just waiting till I have time to make it...

MightyMom said...

used to take care of a lady (then 92 in 1997, now gone)

who would sit and hold her hands all Sunday. oh and read the newspaper....for 3 hours solid.

She was raised not to work on Sunday and by God she didn't. I'm afraid I'd be bored to insanity and start to talk to myself if I did that....but it is a thought...course...I ALREADY talk to myself so maybe I should try it anyway...

Lola said...

Thank God for such beautiful things as Gardens!

I must get a beautiful Blessed Mother for my backyard. The darlings need to see her everyday...