Thursday, February 12, 2015

Why is everyone concerned about Brian Williams when the FCC is trying to take over the internet?...

- or something.

I do not purport to understand exactly what net neutrality is all about.  I operate on a "need to know" basis when it comes to all things tech.  If something comes up that I "need to know", I do my best to inform myself. 

I've read numerous pros and cons on net neutrality and on the surface, it seems benign.  Therein, dear friends, is the danger.  The people touting net neutrality are telling me how great this will be for me.  It's brings to mind "if you like your plan", and we know how well that turned out.

  I don't trust the "man" in the White House.  He is a proven liar.  I certainly don't trust the people who pull his strings and make his mouth move.  I don't trust most of the elected officials.  I also know that if you control communication, people's ability to travel, their food and, most importantly, their access to health care, you are in control of the populace.

This net neutrality thingy has come up before, but has always been shot down.  I fear this time it will not be.

On February 26, the FCC will vote on what appears to be the take-over of the internet.  Contrary to what others say, I don't think it will happen all at once, but I also absolutely know that anytime the government gets their nose into anything (and particularly something as important as the internet), the results will not be good. 

Anytime the government tells me "something is for my own good", my spidey sense quivers. 

The very fact that Odumbo's handlers think this is a good idea is a red flag, and is enough to make me cringe.

Read: 

From: Canada Free Press

‘Net Neutrality’ is Hijacking the Information Highway



More:

The Internet: 5 People to Decide It's Future!

Sen. Mike Lee: Obama’s Internet ‘Takeover’ Means ‘Massive’ Taxes 

No comments: