Friday, May 13, 2011

So what's going on... w/ Update

might be better to ask what's not going on - and it all makes me weary.
 
The title may or may not be visible and I've also noticed that many comments (mostly mine) have disappeared.  Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!


Update:

Videos up and running...


Break for Announcement

As most of you know by now Blogger has been down since yesterday.  It's been very peaceful.   This is the post I was working on when things went south.  I was at least smart enough to copy and paste the entire post into Word.  Turned out to be a very good decision.


Now YouTube is acting up and I can't get to the videos I posted.  Sigh...

Back to original post from May 12th, approximately 12:30pm PDT ...

For two days in a row, my Google Reader has been bulging at the seams.  I keep bringing it back to zero and 4 hours later it's back up to a number that rivals the amount of the national debt.  Most of it consists of one blogger after another repeating what some other blogger is repeating from some other blogger, and on and on.

Over the past few months, I've tried to limit posting to items that (IMO) 1. need to be known, 2. if I have something to add that's already known, or 3.  if something catches my eye, which could easily be a LOL kitteh, that seems to be an important issue.  In most cases, like now, I really have nothing to add so I'll leave it to the other hyper-bloggers to report.

But......................I still have some other thoughts (you could almost smell this coming, couldn't you?):

Last night we had rehearsal at church for Confirmation .  One girl showed up in teeny, tiny short-shorts that left little to the imagination. Hello?  Where is mom and dad?  Or how about the sponsor saying, "not on my watch."  Just sayin'.

And then we had to hear all the best catch phrases that have infiltrated the Church, i.e. community, family, and fellowship.  Not necessarily bad words, just words being badly used.

Bet I'm on the wrong side of this issue...

Blue did a recap of the LSU flag burning brouhaha.  He ventured no opinion either for or against. From what I've read on the subject, the pro-flag folks acted just as reprehensibly as that fellow who, not being able to obtain a permit to burn, was only going to read a statement.  Just suppose for a moment that no one showed up to hear the statement.  Would it have mattered?  Chasing him around and throwing crap at him and screaming obscenities was not very productive.  Don't those spoiled  kids have finals to study for?
While I agree with standing up for our principles, it does not include acting as stupidly as the loony left. To do so means they've won.

Reaganite Republican posted more thoughts on Donald Trump.  I applaud RR's willingness to stand up for what he believes. Part of his post consists of statements Trump made in New Hampshire, and if taken at face value, if they indeed represent the truth of who Trump is, he has my vote (if he even runs.)

Newt Gingrich?  Well, ol' Newt highlights what I think is a huge problem with many folks of the older generation.  These people have no lives or interests other than their chosen profession - in this case, politics.  If they did, they would be all too happy to retire and do some fun things.  And why is politics considered a "profession" anyway?

I guess Mitt Romney is declaring Obamacare a disaster waiting to happen, but Romneycare is A-ok, or something.  He went so far as to say he "wouldn’t apologize for the healthcare plan he installed during his time in office." As the kids say, "whatever."

Some weird company has conjured up an "Obama as Navy Seal" action figure doll.  Problem is, it has Moochelle's body and Obama's head.  Navy Seals should be speechless with anger and embarrassment to see a man who has not even done any armed service time, and wouldn't know an M-16 from an arugala, duded up like a Navy Seal.  Creative Minority Report brings up another problem with the doll.


In Minnesota, a constitutional amendment that would ban same-sex marriage took a decisive step Wednesday toward ending up on the 2012 ballot.  During the debates, openly gay Sen. Scott Dibble, DFL-Minneapolis,  showed a picture of himself and his partner, Richard, and emotionally asked, "what is so different about us?"   Really?  You have to ask?

Republican Mother brings up some good points:  Herman Cain, Really?

Much work and research went into her post and it should be widely read. 

As I said in my comment on her post (cue the racist accusations in 3....2.....1...)
I'm with you. Something doesn't "feel" right about this adoration of Cain.
Another thought (definitely not PC) - don't you think it's a bit obvious to run a black against Obama? It's like buying into the whole, "I'm not racist, some of best friends are blacks" shtick. 
We live in a country that is about 12% black and all we can find to run for president are two black guys? 

Calling Out Marxism in the Church

Anyone Catholic who doesn't believe Marxists have infiltrated the Church is not paying attention, and is engaging in willing suspension of disbelief, or employing normalcy bias.

The following video via Creative Minority Report:  

To be posted when YouTube is fixed... it's fixed




The following videos are from Over Population is a Myth.com
Go there to read the science and see other episode.

I can hear lefty heads exploding and their squeaky little voices saying, "I don't care.  Don't mess with how I "feel" or bother me with facts."



5 comments:

Reaganite Independent said...

VERY interesting observation re. Gingrich... nothin to do, I guess!

republicanmother said...

Thanks so much for the link, Adrienne. I'm blogging now more to keep myself awake - ha.

Blue said...

Dear Helen,

You don't really believe the drivel you spew, do you? You're just trying to get a little attention. :) There are better ways to do that, ya know.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Love,
Blue

Blue said...

Oh! Adrienne! We probably come pretty close to agreeing on the LSU incident, but it would be perfectly OK if we didn't. I'm pretty sure we'd get past any disagreement without any hurt feelings. ;)

Reaganite Independent said...



Linked @ Reaganite Republican...
Perusing the Conservative Blogosphere

(also x-post @ Maggie's Notebook)