Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Leaving you with some good stuff to read...

while I'm off getting a haircut.

My buddy Blue (usually a man of few but succinct words) posted an article sure to get you thinking.  Look; see the little dots after his title?  He got that from me - except he has one too many.  Three is the correct number.  Like the little dent under your nose, called a "philtral dimple" (isn't that cute?), those little dots also have a name; they're called an "ellipses" and most folks think they only mean a missing word.   While some folks may think I use them too much, the fact is, considering they can also signify an unfinished thought, I probably don't use them enough. That unfinished thought is called an "aposiopesis."  Now there's a word to casually toss into a conversation.  Thus endeth the grammar lesson.

My opinion....

I'm a relative newcomer to this world of Conservative Blogging and the Patriot Movement.  I've been reading a few of the blogs for a couple of years and posting on this blog for about 6 months.  Not a very long time....

I'll be the first to admit that the America we know today is not the America that I was born and raised in and it is not the America that I want for my children (all grown up now) and my grandchildren. read the rest
and

From American Thinker: 

Will Obama Sink the Democrats?
The media are playing "divide and conquer" games against Republicans now, a strategy that worked in 2008 by leaving us with John McCain as the only candidate.  This time they are swinging between viciously attacking Sarah Palin and her family, and hyping real or imaginary divisions between Republicans -- never among the Democrats, who present the image of a united front with Stalinesque unity.  But you can bet there's a lot of vicious in-fighting among Obama, the Clintons, and all the rest, because Obama may be destroying the Democratic Party as we know it.  read the rest

One of the reasons I like American Thinker is the high quality of the comments.  Take time to read the comments, which in some cases, are superior to the articles. 

2 comments:

Blue said...

I like to be different, Adrienne :) Thanks for the link!

Anonymous said...

We can hope Adrienne. We can hope that Bam sinks the Dems this time around. Actually, some are imploding already.

Weiner and Rep Balzsack

http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=78135