Friday, January 8, 2010

Observations from Idaho & Rule Five Friday

So let me get this straight.  The Arnold is asking the Federal government (that would be you and me), to bail out California.  Just a few months ago the city of Los Angeles spent 3.3 million dollars of tax-payer money for Michael Jackson's memorial. They claim the local businesses such as hotels and restaurants earned over 4 million.  First of all, I don't believe that claim and second of all, isn't that just pouring the same money from one glass to another?? Just asking...


And right along with that sort of nonsense is the pay scale of government employees.  In the past the majority of our business was by mail.  Ever watch a Post Office employee performing their duties?  Keep in mind these people at the counter earn and average of $25.00 per hour to do a $10.00 per hour job - and they do it slowly, poorly, and with major bad attitude. 


Things are not looking good for Mary Landrieu:

Caught Him With a Corndog:   Mary Landrieu's Recall Faces Uphill Battle According to La. AG

Some good news for Friday...

Head on over to Track-o-'Crat and see where he took this picture (that I shamelessly stole from him.)  It's not the message (we already get it), but the location that will buoy your spirits.



Who says Stacy McCain doesn't have class.  Look what I received in the mail:

 






 To save you some time: Proverbs 22:29
Do you see a man skilled in his work? He will stand before kings; He will not stand before obscure men.

Which almost makes up for the fact that Smitty has still not put me on their permanent link list. Funny 'cause my buddy Mark in Spokane, who has changed his name back to Libertas et Memoria, meaning I will have to take time to change my sidebar, pin a note to my bulletin board so I can spell it, and otherwise gum up my day, mentions my name to Smitty and gets a permanent link on The Other McCain!  What's up with that????


What Smitty doesn't know is that I've been cited numerous times in seedy mens bathrooms.  No lie!!

I have no idea of why I bothered to block out my address. Any stalker, worthy of his name, could simply head over to my husband's website and garner that information. My Friday suggestion for you guitar, banjo, or mandolin players, is to head on over and peruse the absolute (I'm prejudiced!) finest in instructional material for the aforementioned instruments.  Don't forget to check out his CD's!!  Oh yeah, and while you're there make a purchase!  My precious Elle's last vet bill  (I miss her so much my heart hurts) was over $2,000.00.


Rule Five Friday


My offering in honor of Rule Five Friday over at The Other McCain  serves a two-fold purpose. First, Scott Brown, running for the senate in Massachusetts, is a lovely hunk of eye candy. Second, you need to go and give him money (every little tiny bit helps!!!)  Donate here

 
 

For the guys I offer you the beautiful wife and daughters...




Vanity Alert!!!

Head on over and vote for my buddy LarryD for Best Religion Blog.  I have no idea if anyone even nominated me (probably not), as I don't really follow that stuff. 


Happy to see The Blog Prof is back to putting up a gazillion posts per day (all of which are time-consuming works of art).  For a short time I thought he was slowing down.  Must be some new energy bars or some such thing...

Money quote of the day goes once again to Father John Speekman (I love this guy!!!)
"Most young parents don’t think about Baptism very deeply because they don’t live their Catholic life very deeply. This is not an attack – this is a diagnosis!"
 Read his very, very thought provoking homily for The Baptism of the Lord...


Thanks to Left Coast Rebel (who I think is eating the same energy bars The Blog Prof is noming down on) I am able to direct your attention to Sonic Ninja Kitty and her fine article on the Federal Reserve.  It's addressed to the girlies but you guys can, and should, read it too.
[...]

I want to talk with you about our central bank, the Federal Reserve.  Maybe the mere mention of that name makes your eyes start to glaze over.  That’s what it used to do to mine, but there is way more to it than meets the (glazed) eye.  I want to discuss the human element in all of this.  (Yes, there really is one.)  If we get to the heart of the issue, that’s the part that will start clicking in you.  I know it because after a year of researching this subject, that’s the part that’s clicking in me.  Clicking like heck and un-turn-offable.  But I tell you, it has been so worth the trade-off in annoyance because it has allowed me to see current events clearly and without illusion. be sure and read the rest!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much, Adrienne!!

Larry Denninger said...

Thank you for the plug, Duchess. And yes - you have been nominated and I have voted for you!

Mark D. said...

Thanks for mentioning me on your blog, Adrienne. I appreciate the shout-out!

Keep working on Smitty! He'll cave and give you a link soon, I'm sure of it!

smitty1e said...

Adrienne,
How could you possibly let me go this long without you on our blogroll?
I thought we had a deeper rapport than that.
This has been a terrible ordeal, but I forgive you.
[Why are you throwing those kitchen implements at me?]
--Chris