Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Having "One of Those Days?"

Ever have those days when you wonder what in heck you're doing? I don't mean like when you put the milk in the pantry instead of the 'fridge. I mean those days when you are exhausted from tracking the news and trying to keep your loyal readers updated to the most important stuff.

I like Glenn Beck's mantra about each of us carving out our little niche and becoming as informed as we can on whatever subject that holds the most interest for us.  I pretty much stick to health care as I have some background in that area.

But there are still days when you wonder if you are actually making a difference.  The thought of reading one more story on health care, the economy, corrupt politicians, or Iran building bombs is almost too horrible to contemplate. 

Not only do I read over a thousand posts every day but I also read hundreds of comments. It's one thing to read an article, but perusing comments is the way to get a good feel for what is going on in the minds of the people of this country.

A few days ago, after about 15 hours straight of hard work on the computer, I was pretty discouraged and very tired. While reading comments on an awesome linky love graphic of patriot bloggers on the Goomba News Network, I ran across this comment by Left Coast Rebel that spoke volumes to what we are all doing:

Left Coast Rebel said... 
 
Nickie - No matter how small we are, the sum of our parts add up to something insurmountable and historic. Thousand of citizen-activists, chained together in defense of our nation's tradition of freedom. Left Coast says it all...  

2 comments:

Left Coast Rebel said...

Adrienne - That is the truth, and you are a part of that chain too. Keep up the great work here.

Adrienne said...

Thanks