Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Obama cozies up with the atheists!

New Schedule and other minor wonders......

*****Just starting this week on what I hope will become permanent changes in my schedule. I was so inspired by Ironic Catholics Why Go to Daily Mass, that I have started to attend morning Mass on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday (the only days it is available.) After Mass I head to the gym. This means that by 10:00 am I have prayed, sweated, showered and dressed. Hubby has joined me on this quest to be a better person and a much better Catholic.

*****I have some interesting follow up to the post on the San Francisco post re: pro-homosexual curriculum in their schools and also the ramifications of the ridiculous "cash for clunkers" bill.

*****Meantime, I hope you are all ready to become or continue being Blue Fish.

And still more to make your blood boil:

He managed to make the atheists of this country very, very happy according to the following article. Never mind us radical right-wing extremist types clinging to our guns and religion.

And you folks who voted for him still don't believe there is an evil agenda in this administration?

Obama tones down National Day of Prayer observance...

(CNN) -- "For the past eight years, the White House recognized the National Day of Prayer with a service in the East Room, but this year, President Obama decided against holding a public ceremony." read the rest

Right now I'm off to run errands. I'll be back because, as usual, I have a lot to say (don't little old Italian ladies always have lots to say??)

Vote - Vote - Vote

This will give you all time to pop on over to the Crescat and vote for me again (Therese over at Aussie Coffee Shop has informed me you can vote everyday - thanks Therese!) And while you're there vote for her, too....

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

So I read the pro-homo web page for public schools. (yet another reason I will not send my kids.) It was SOOOO GAYYYYYY. I'm sorry, that was a slur. It was so LAME I Wanted to Vomit. (SLIWTV)

Some of the ten tips included reading books with homosexual characters & not using the terms 'mom' or 'dad'!? What kind of sickos run these schools!

They also have lists of 'approved' persons to speak to children on human sexuality, all from disgusting places like Planned parenthood (for elementry, of course), New Generation Health, & PLFAG. Not one faith based or abstinence organization.

These are the sick freaks teaching those kids about sex. No wonder they have to have nurses in there talking about Std's, hiv/aids, teen pregnancy, how to us a condom/pop a pill, rape/sexual violence & how to have a healthy relationship (of course, when you're out there screwing anything that moves, you might not be capable of a healthy reltionship...)

Excuse me whilst i puke.

Anonymous said...

Matthew 6:5-6

"And whenever you pray, do not be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, so that they may be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward. But whenever you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you."

The public flaunting of prayer is explicitly against the instruction of Christ.

Therese said...

Thanks Adrienne.

Lola said...

I've voted early and now I'll be voting often for you, IR, Therese, and Joe!

Oh, and Belinda too!


You've inspired me to go attend mass with those Men in Black at the Benedictine Abbey in St. Leo's. 11 am every day. I'll aim for a mid-week attendance.

Mark D. said...

I've been voting for you!

MightyMom said...

sad to say it ain't a surprise.


good for you in your daily changes!! keep up the good work!

Jennifer said...

Anonymous:

That is a great verse and I will henceforth let my pastor know so we can quit the unnecessary habit he has of making us pray the General Intercessions.

RonM said...

I love the headline "Obama tones down..." Yeah, that National Prayer Breakfast was really getting out of hand, full of violence and excess and needed to be "toned down." We certainly don't want to be extreme. Lukewarm is better. (Rev 3:16)

Adrienne said...

anon - you are so far off the track that I won't even bother responding to your not very well thought out comment....

RonM - welcome and you are so right. Why riots are breaking out in churches all the time. heh