Sunday, February 22, 2009

Prayer Request for Isabel

from Tom in Vegas:

*****"Dear friends, please keep my mom Isabel in your prayers. After catching my cold last week, I feared she might develop pneumonia as she once did on a previous occasion. Well, today, to the sound of her complaining and insistence that she was okay, I took her to see a doctor and guess what he said? She has pneumonia. He has put her on a strong anti-biotic for the next five days. He said this medication should do the trick (from his mouth to God's ears)."

Say a prayer for her if you get a chance. Thank you and God bless you.

Stop over and let Tom know you will add Isabel to your prayer intentions.

Father Tim Finigan

*****Also take a moment to stop over at The Hermeneutic of Continuity and lend your support to a fine priest under attack - further proof that the devil is alive, well, and hard at work in this world.

*****You may read his response to the hatchet job done on him by the "Catholic" publication The Tablet in his February 19th post.


2 comments:

Mark D. said...

Will do. Pneumonia is no fun at all. I'm just getting over a bout of it myself, and I'm still a fairly robust 39 -- and it was still very difficult.

Lola said...

This has been a bad year for cold and flu in my region.

It hangs on for a week.

I will pray for you mom Tom.

Why is it some folks will deny they need to go see the doctor and others are there with every paper cut?