Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Please! Someone tell me this is a joke!

Muslim prayer rooms should be opened in Catholic schools, say church leaders


These are my kind of "little old ladies".....

Crab-Apple Clash, Birdhouse Ban Pushed Seniors to Take a Stand
Rules at Housing Complex Created Activists; Fighting for Wind Chimes


And Bishop Paul Loverde of the Diocese of Arlington is my kind of Bishop!

Bishop Would Tell Catholic Hospital to Ignore Barack Obama's FOCA Abortion Bill

Loverde doesn't have any Catholic hospitals under his purview, but he commented on what he would do if he did.

****“I would say, ‘Yeah, I'm not going to close the hospital, you're going to arrest me, go right ahead. You'll have to drag me out, go right ahead. I'm not closing this hospital, we will not perform abortions, and you can go take a flying leap,'" he said, according to a CNS News report.

H/T Cavey at the Lair


More shopping ideas:

Kathleen over at The Daily Grotto reminded me about her consulting work with a worthwhile children's book publisher. Hop over - she has some great Christmas specials.

John sent me a link to the Online Benedictine Gift Shop post on his wonderful blog. He has links to a number of different Benedictine sources including Australia and the UK.


"Praise and Worship" Music in Church
by Jeffrey Tucker

****"It is one of the great puzzles to me why people do not find it obvious that drums, electric guitars, and music with pop beats do not belong in Church – certainly not in liturgy but not even in evangelical worship environments. The case for "Contemporary Christian" music in worship so lost on me that I find it difficult to even rationally argue the point – which I freely admit is a failing on my part." read more

****I have found the only rationale the happy-clappy crowd can give you for secular music is always directed inward. It revolves around their feelings or what they want, not around what the church has rightly ordered.

**** It is not a small matter to dissent from church teaching on music, or for that matter on anything having to do with liturgy, nor to look for the "wiggle room" in official documents to get your way.

9 comments:

Tracy said...

Thanks for the informative links Adrienne:)

Mark D. said...

Good for the bishop! Now, let's see some bishops with hospitals in their dioceses take such an approach!

Although, if push comes to shove, I think the bishops would have to shut the hospitals down rather than perform abortions. And it if the bishops won't do it, the state will. Hospitals are all legally licensed by the state. Make the license dependent on providing abortions, which means no license, which means no hospital.

Kevin Whiteman said...

Thanks for the link, buddy!!!

Tom in Vegas said...

I'm happy - if not delighted - to hear that the bishops are standing up to Obama and his genocidal social policies. To offset my admiration for their backbone, we have the British bishops proposing a Muslim prayer group inside Catholic turf.

Excuse me??? Why on earth are these bishops sucking up (what else would you call it?) to the Muslims? Why is it so hard for things Catholic to stay Catholic? I'm NOT taking a jab against Islam or any Muslim, but if you attend a Catholic high school might it be cruel or unreasonable to be exposed to Catholicism? Perhaps we should include a tinge of something Islamic during mass to show everybody just how considerate we are. I’m all for inclusiveness, but this is absolutely ridiculous.

BTW, how many Muslim schools free of fundamentalist ideologies, governed by modern, forward looking Muslims that are capable of interacting civilly with other human beings, have made room for a religion other than there’s on their own campuses?

Tom in Vegas said...

Should say "other than theirs."

belinda said...

Dear Miss Adrienne, Please tell me again what is "nanowrimo"?
And congrats for winning. What did you win? I don't understand plurk yet either, but I just learned how to send an email last March, and poor Mr.Nelson was stuck teaching me how to blog over the summer, not on purpose of course. I am kinda slow. Thanks for the links.

Adrienne said...

Belinda - National Novel Writing Month....You write a 50K word novel in one month. You don't win anything except a first draft of a novel and the rights to say you "won". This year had the highest number of winners ever at a little over 18% actually finishing.

Ebeth said...

Hey Adrienne!! Thanks for your order, AND I tagged you for a meme.

Hugs!!!

Ebeth

gemoftheocean said...

The phrase "gathering song" literally makes me GAG.

And thank God, there are some bishops who actually have a set.