Saturday, June 28, 2008

So here I was last night after a long day of shopping and fun stuff. Tired - very, very tired. And someone sent a card to me on Facebook. It was not a totally appropriate card but I just shrugged it off.

Hey, how about I send a card to all my friends? Yum, great idea! Let's check out that application. Seems straight forward enough.

Send to all your friends? it asks...............

Well, sure - even the Cardinal of the Catholic Church, the Seminarian, and the brand new priest. Let 'er rip, Facebook.

So just before getting ready for Mass this evening I realize I have sent the same stupid and inappropriate card to everyone. You know that feeling of panic when you have just said something horrible about your boss and realize he is standing right behind you? Well I had that feeling times ten!!

I sent another card to apologize and got it right this time. In the future I don't think I'll be sending too many cards.


* * * *

7 comments:

Melody K said...

Stupid and inappropriate card. Now I'm really curious!

WhiteStoneNameSeeker said...

Don't worry Adrienne. People will understand. These things happen!
God bless

Anonymous said...

Oh my, talk about e-mail being a double-edged sword! But, definitely, it happens quite often - so I'm sure folks will be understanding. Like Melody, though, I'm kind of curious, LOL! Happy Canada Day from the Montreal area!

chloesmom

gemoftheocean said...

Oh, LOL! forgive yourself. Everyone's done something like that at least once. I bet the cardinal was sorta bemused.

Anonymous said...

I once answered an email to a young man looking to contribute his thoughts to a certain online group, but he was unsure about its editor. I softened the "He's not always an insufferable long-winded prig" to "The Ed is more bark than bite and perhaps takes himself too seriously at times.." You'll never guess to whom I sent it..

Adrienne said...

Cathy - thanks

melody - it wasn't THAT bad - just a really weird thing to send to a Cardinal or a priest...

Whitestone - you are ALWAYS so sweet...

chloesmom - Happy Canada Day a bit late....

gem - Not so sure about that....

Hush - I once forwarded an email forgetting that the not very kind reply form me was still attached. Errrk!! Your blog is very nice and I will be adding it to my blogroll....

Anonymous said...

I don't even know how to GET the card. Every so often I go to a page that says I have a card from this or that person, but I can't get to the card. Even if I click on it. And I'm not adding any more applications. So...my curiousity will continue to burn as I have NO IDEA what was on that card.

So...odds are that the good Cardinal can't get to the card, either and hasn't even seen it! They don't make card receptions real obvious as far as I can tell. I'm STILL finding things that people apparently sent WEEKS ago.