Friday, June 27, 2008

Day Off

Still here!


This has been an incredibly long and busy week. I know most folks seem to have less time in the summer and that is certainly the case around here. Between the work outside (which is finally getting caught up), my ebay auctions, and classes at church, there has hardly been a moment to spare.


We are expecting temperatures in the high nineties for about four or five days so that means lots of pre-watering to keep everything outside looking its best. We run tractor sprinklers all night to get ahead and so far things are doing well. Finally got the cutting garden done and I have a young gal from church helping weed the daylily beds.


My reward for working hard this week?? A trip to the fabric store, Costco, KMart, T.J. Maxx, and last, but never least, the book store! I will probably hit a few thrift stores, too. Oy Vey - I'll need a day off from my day off!

7 comments:

Tom in Vegas said...

Auntie A-

You are expecting temperatures in the high nineties?? Oh you poor thing! And to think I thought Vegas was hot:0)

Yes. I'm being sarcastic (in a friendly way).

Tracy said...

Glad your back!!!

Cathy_of_Alex said...

Sounds like a great day!

gemoftheocean said...

High nineties? But then considering the rest of the year averages 20F ..... ;-D

Cute doggie!

Mary Rose said...

Oooo...what books did ya get? (drooling over the thought)

I sent you a beautiful Sundae on Facebook. It is too gorgeous...

Glad you're back but I do hope you get a little more downtime to enjoy the summer weather!

Therese said...

what fabric did you buy? Are you going to sew something for me?

Therese said...

PS. I wish it was 90 here. I am so sick of the cold.