Friday, August 23, 2019

The Creepy Line...

is creepy.
An eye-opening documentary, The Creepy Line reveals the stunning degree to which society is manipulated by Google and Facebook and blows the lid off the remarkably subtle - hence powerful - manner in which they do it.
One of my biggest mistakes is to assume that other people use social media and do Google searches like I do.  So when I hear statistics like "9 out of 10 people don't fact check" or "fewer than 5% go beyond the first page of a Google search" I'm completely gobsmacked.

And I'm still wondering how people can use Facebook for their news source when I have never seen "news" on Facebook. I do see targeted ads which I ignore.  Perhaps someone out there roaming about could answer that for me.

It also amazes me that there are people who don't realize their search results are  manipulated and all their data being stored away in a secret crypt. I guess that goes full circle back to my biggest mistake I mentioned above.

The documentary is informative, eye opening and well worth a watch.  It features Jordan Peterson, Dr. Robert Epstein, and other notable people.

The Creepy Line is free for Prime members and only costs $4.99 to rent for non-members.


More:

Newsbusters:  Senator Kyl Fires Back At Hawley Over Facebook Audit: ‘Appreciate What We Did’

IOTW Report:  Dice: Facebook won’t reveal reasons for banning users because it will aid people in avoiding banning

Simple Opt Out:  Opt out of all the data sharing you wouldn’t opt in to.



No comments: