Monday, July 9, 2012

The heat has hit...

North Idaho.

Today
Isolated Thunderstorms Chance for Measurable Precipitation 20%
Isolated
Thunderstorms
High: 99 °F

Thankfully it will drop to low nineties by tomorrow.  Our day starts at about 4am in order to get some outside work done before it gets too hot.  The main effort revolves around watering our numerous gardens.  We get a leg up by running a tractor sprinkler at night. During the day we have three outside faucets going all day.   Afternoons are spent inside and late evening is back outside.

If you don't have a tractor sprinkler, you really need to get one.  Best investment I ever made.  I may buy a second one this year.




The absolute best stationary sprinkler I've ever used is the cast iron one made by Nelson.  WallyWorld had some in a few years ago, but I've never seen them anywhere since.  That is.....................until I found it on Amazon.  It's heavy and darn near indestructible.



You need to watch this to the end.  Trust me!

No comments: