Saturday, January 16, 2010

Linky Love and the usual pithy commentary

I'm back. Breakfast was wonderful and since I'm not in jail for strangling the woman at the thrift store let's continue with links and even more (maybe) pithy commentary.

My biggest challenge is sorting out what I've stored in my tabs from perusing my Google reader all morning.  Thank goodness the blogosphere has settled down from it's hyper-posting of yesterday. I'm sure there is a better method.  Maybe blogger extraordinaire The BlogProf or Smitty, Stacy McCain's faithful and very brilliant co-blogger, will share some of their secrets (in such a way that a dumbie like me could understand)

In case you need to be reminded of Obama's "achievements" for his first year devoted to ruining our country in office, Paul Rahe over at Big Government does a fine job in his article Obama’s First Year

Scott Brown News


Doug Ross  has an open letter to His Brothers and Sisters in Massachusetts that really sums up what could be at stake in the Scott Brown/Martha Coakley race .


The king of pithy, Mark Steyn, has a great article "The Obama Agenda on the Precipice"

Stacy McCain is hanging out in Massachusetts with my "hard-core Catholic" buddy, DaTechGuy .  Both of them are bringing us outstanding first-person insights and pictures of the Scott Brown campaign while igniting sub envy. 

"Seeing the Senate campaign from ground level is weird, in that you see and hear things -- TV ads, mailers, local news coverage, the comments of voters -- that aren't visible from outside the election battle zone. So you're watching selected microcosms of the campaign that don't necessarily match the Big Picture the national pundits are commenting on"
 In fact, I think the job they are doing is so great I'm going to hit Stacy's tip jar (but on the condition he share it with DaTechGuy.)

On Health Care

In case you forgot with all the other stuff going on right now - that's the bill the Dim-ocrats are putting together in secret with bribes, threats, and concessions to the unions and any other special interest group that does not represent any interest vaguely related to the average American, which will take over something like one sixth of the US economy, cut Medicare, raise taxes, lower health care quality, rob of us any last vestige of privacy we may still have, and otherwise precipitate the downfall of this great nation.  That health care bill...

Truth in Taxes — Don’t Call It a ‘Medicare’ Tax 
 What President Obama and top Democratic congressional leaders are trying to slip under the radar in private negotiations. read it all


My favorite Irish poet, James Healy, celebrates his birthday today.  If you can't send him some money, at least go over and wish him Happy Birthday.  I've promised him a phone call and it shall be soon.   

My Life ...


 



See you later...





7 comments:

Amusing Bunni said...

Hi Adrienne, I'm glad you're back. Hope you are feeling a little better, time is a good healer. I love the LOL cat's. I'm a big procrastinator too...but when I'm on a deadline, I really kick in.
Have a fun weekend.

Anonymous said...

That was very nice of you, give me a call and I'll thank you in person, but don't be surprised if I'm out driving with Stacy the next few days.

Mary Ellen said...

Sheesh..I had a comment almost finished and my computer kicked me right out of your blog. I think my husband bought me an atheist obot laptop.

Here goes...again.

I loved your story about the thrift store lady, sounds a lot like the people who live around my daughter in PA. I think I would have had the same reaction you did...only I would have taken her by the throat for sure.

Regarding Brown...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he will win, but I don't trust the Dems. They sound like they are pulling out all the stops, SEIU, advocating cheating, etc. It's going to be a very dirty election. Did you see the video I had up on my blog today? Ed Shultz telling his viewers on MSNBC that if he lived in Mass. he'd cheat and vote more than once. Then he went on with a bunch of insults about those who didn't support Coakley...calling them "tea-baggers" and ignorant and they didn't know the facts about Brown's record. This is coming from a guy who supported Obama and absolutely refuse to report any of his "facts" about his record. In fact, if anyone tried to tell him what they were, he called them racists. Then he has the nerve to whine on his show and call Obama a sell-out. What an hypocritical ignoramus!

Terry Nelson said...

I'm hoping Brown will win because he's good looking - kidding - or am I? Anyway - he would be a good candidate to beat Obama in 2012. It could happen.

I like the cat pics - that is so me after the holidays - I can't get it together!

Adrienne said...

Bunni - ah-ha - signs of ADD, for sure!!

Adrienne said...

Mary Ellen - I fear, just as you do, that this election is going to be real dirty...

Adrienne said...

Ter - that's me all the time. Like Bunni, without a deadline in the very near future, I am comatose!