Saturday, October 24, 2009

Posting Cancelled Due to Global Warming

Since global warming has caused an extremely early fall with lower than normal temperatures, my outside "button up for winter" work is woefully behind schedule.

Today I will tackle the area designated as our backyard.  After cutting back and pulling up, I will crank up the lawn tractor and cut about 3 acres. The other three acres or so of gardens may be waiting until spring (which is a nightmare.)

If you haven't read this fine post I shamelessly stole from Father Longenecker, please take the time to do so.


"The Slippery Slope: How Satan spreads his lies"

by Fr. Dwight Longenecker



Remembering Summer at Adrienne dePitera

12 comments:

commoncents said...

Too Funny!
I really like your blog!!COMMON CENTShttp://www.commoncts.blogspot.comps. Link Exchange??

Mary Ellen said...

I know how you feel, I did all that "buttoning up" outside stuff early last week before the cold and rain showed up. We don't have three acres, but lots of flower beds had to be covered, flower pots brought in for the winter, the lawn was cut (I've been using a lawn service for the last seven or eight years), firewood delivered today. Now I have to wait for things to dry out so I can rake up the leaves that fell this week.

While driving to the church for my Adoration visit, it was raining mixed with huge snow flakes. Yikes!

Old Bob said...

Here in Minnesota we have already had a couple of chances to shovel the global warming.

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

LOL! :), but make sure you use the high pollutant fuel

Adrienne said...

Mary Ellen - I'm jealous. I have about 7 more days of work to do. Three acres are gardens - the other two or so are just grass fields and wild flower areas.

Adrienne said...

Bob - We'll be doing that soon - no doubt!!

Adrienne said...

Joe - my tractor is getting old and belches black smoke when it's cranked up. It also has a none repairable oil leak and I use a quart of oil every time I cut. Just trying to do my fair share! ;-)

Terry Nelson said...

Yes - this unusually cold snowy weather is even ahead of the annual color change and leaf drop. Global warming my....

Adrienne said...

Ter - I can't do another winter like last year....

Joe said...

"The Slippery Slope" is a logical fallacy that one can find in any intro. to logic book.

Mary Ellen said...

Adrienne- I agree, last winter was horrible and seemed unending. I'm not sure what to expect this winter in our area. The Farmer's Almanac said very very cold and dry and the weather service is saying not so cold and snowy. Nothing I can do about it, so I might as well quit worrying,eh?

Mary Ellen said...

Global warming is over...you can come out now. :-)