Sunday, September 13, 2009

Future Headline


Lifeless Body of Internet Addict Found

A woman's body was found with her rear patoot melted into the nylon upholstery of her office chair. When she was located by the authorities, her hand was still curved around the cordless mouse on her desk. According to the medical examiner, it appears she expired while trying to keep up with her Google Reader.

Neighbors said she was quiet and seldom seen. If they had any idea they would have gotten help for her.

For her death to happen on the very day that the first internet addiction center opened in Fall City, WA, not far from her home in Idaho is ironic, to say the least (and very, very sad!)

The name of the deceased is being withheld until next of kin are notified.

I'll see you all tomorrow!

6 comments:

belinda said...

You'll see us all tomorrow? Yeah !!

Mary Ellen said...

My husband has predicted that this will be my fate, but he is so wrong because I'm too much of a slacker to be addicted to anything. ;-)

Old Bob said...

Dear Adrienne -- Hilarious! When I was working, I wanted to pull a prank: buy a life-size plastic skeleton, dress it in my clothes, sneak it into the office and plunk it on the seat in front of my computer. I would then turn the machine on, and put a message on the screen that said "The system is down -- please wait . . ."

Adrienne said...

Mary Ellen - that sort of hubris is what gets us all in the end. "It will never, ever happen to me. Yeah, right!

Adrienne said...

Bob - Your idea is priceless. I wish you had done it...

Adrienne said...

Belinda - I "heart" you...