Thursday, February 7, 2008



Urgent Prayer Request

My husband and I just returned from the doctor’s office. His hand had become quite swollen and we thought it was a result of too much snow shoveling. I became alarmed at the appearance of his hand this afternoon and called the doctor.

He has an extremely serious infection and was placed on an IV drip antibiotic while in the office and has been prescribed heavy-duty oral antibiotics. If things don’t get worse in the next few hours he will see the doctor first thing tomorrow morning. If not, we have to take him to the emergency room.

My husband is a guitar, banjo, and mandolin teacher, performer, and recording artist. His hands are precious. Please keep Harold in your prayers.

Get this widget Track details eSnips Social DNA


Click on esnip widget above and listen to Harold play The Lord's Prayer.

Update: 2/8/2008 Harold received another round of IV antibiotics this morning. Swelling seems to be going down. He is very touched by all your prayers and thanks all of you from the bottom of his little guitar pickin' heart.

16 comments:

Kelly said...

Adrienne-

I will be praying for your husband!

X said...

Praying!

Tom in Vegas said...

Prayed and praying!

Love the guitar arrangement of Our Father. Don't worry, he'll play again!

Anonymous said...

Prayers ascend for your husband.

Fr John Speekman said...

I'll offer Mass tomorrow night for your husband, Adrienne, i.e. our Saturday night at 6pm. Peace.

the mother of this lot said...

Sorry about your husband Adrienne - I'll be praying.

(My husband had a very similar infection in his hand when he was about 18. He had an antibiotic drip as well. He was okay after a few days and a lot of prayers)!

The Digital Hairshirt said...

Prayers sent!

gemoftheocean said...

Praying!

uncle jim said...

You can be justifiably grateful for your husband's gifts - I enjoyed your sharing of his work with us.

Good and gracious God, continue the healing work you're already doing in Harold's hand.

Harold, by the power of the Father's most Holy Spirit, in and through the name of His Son, Jesus, be thou healed!

Amen

Michele said...

adrieene, did you ask the doc to check for necrotizing fasceitis? because that is a serious infection. ask the doctor to check him for it.

Terry Nelson said...

I am definitely praying! God bless!

Tom in Vegas said...

I'm so happy by to hear that the swelling is going down!! I meant to mention to you that my stepfather went through this same thing about eleven years ago. In one day, we had to take him to the Dr. every three hours for treatment.

Keep us posted and still praying for the hubby.

Cathy said...

I hope he is doing much better! He's in my prayers.

Scott M. Frey said...

praying here in the states as well... glad to see he is improving and wow, thank you for sharing his recording... he plays incredibly beautifully... what a gift!

Maryellen said...

I'm late to this post, but I'll pray for swift recovery and better and better results from the antibiotics.

I listened to Harold playing the Lord's prayer and recognized what an artist he is - it's absolutely beautiful and yes his hands are precious. (and yours are also, you need them for your beautiful in-your-face blog) Kudos.

Daughter of Annie said...

Adrienne's - thanks for stopping by my blog. I will keep your hubby in my prayers. I did try to listen to the Feb. 7 song but could not - I am sure it is something I am doing wrong... I will have to get my daughter to help me. God bless....