and it only cost us $1500.00
My doggie, Frankie, erupted in screams of pain yesterday about 5pm. He'd been acting off for a few days, and I had been watching him closely.
He was rushed to the vet, x-rayed, and it was determined that somehow he swallowed a rock. Frankie is a 12 lb dog and after emergency surgery, the vets office was surprised he could have even swallowed such a large (for him) rock. This was not a nice little rounded off rock. This was a rock comprised of many right angles and sharp points.
He was transferred to the emergency hospital after surgery so he could be observed overnight (adding another $300.00 to the $1250.00 bill.)
I picked him up an hour or so ago and he's doing fine for an older guy.
Not so much!