Monday, October 15, 2018

Do you want a government bureaucrat making your healthcare decisions??...

after taking three months to finally get my drivers license renewed, I sure don't.

Why the wait?

Because some government bureaucrat decided that Idaho needed a whole new spiffy computer program to speed up the process.  Problem is, no one tested the program and both Montana and Idaho experienced computers that were down way more then up for about the past year.

How about a paper back up system?  Well, golly gee, that would mean some overpaid, under-worked government employee would actually have to do something - you know, like work.

Thousands of people who had CDL (commercial drivers licence)  were out of work.  Just last week when I tried again to renew a guy was there who had been out of work for over three weeks.

Make an appointment with their app?  Not if you don't have a "smart phone."  No provision was made for doing that from your desk top/lap top computer.  So last week I arrived early to find the waiting room already packed.  I signed in on the computer in the waiting room and the scrolling screen on the wall said my wait would be 4 1/2 hours.  I decided to pop over a few blocks to a coffee shop for a few of those 4 hours.  Upon returning, I discovered that my name had come up and since I wasn't there, I was bumped forever from the schedule.

So this morning I was up at 4:30 am and got to the office at 7:00 am for the opening time of 7:30.  The line was blessedly short and I was number two standing out in the cold.  Not complaining since one time I was there for over 5 hours only to have the computers crash and the office closed.

Now you want these people making your health care decisions?  Only a fool would want that, and it's clear that we have lots of  lazy foolish snowflakes living in this country. 



Monday

My favorite day of the week.  New beginnings - every single week.  How cool is that?

Let me pass on yesterday's sermon on Hope.

Here are four things to do when things seem hopeless:

  1. Pray for a love of spiritual things
  2. Meditate on the divine goodness (what God has done for us)
  3. Memorize a short scripture passage on Hope and focus on it during your day
  4. Realize that God is a God of joy
One other thing he recommended was to step back from the news for a time. Do we really need to know about Kanye West, angry finger pointer Fauxcahontas Warren, or mobs fighting in Portland, OR? 

With that in mind, I'm heading out to see Gosnell.  It slithered into the top ten movies this past weekend.  

To get you started:

Issiah 40:31
31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.




Amazon Today

Deals in Computers and Accessories 

Deals in Grocery

Don't forget to check Coupons

I receive a small commission when you purchase through my links, at no additional cost to you - and I thank you from the bottom of my militant normal heart.


No comments: