Monday, October 9, 2017

Have bloggers become as bad as the MSM? ...

in some ways - yes.

If we don't have anything to rant about, we just make up a bunch of inconsequential stuff to be outraged about.

Today I feel no outrage.

Harvey Weinstein?

 Got it.  He's a pig, both in appearance and manner.  Anyone in Hollywood who tries to tell us that they find his behavior shocking is a fool and a liar.  He's not the only one acting like this in the world of entertainment.  It's all a big yawn.

NFL

Football players acting like the useful idiots they are?  Watching guys with hormone problems running around and fighting over a football is not my idea of a good time so I don't really care what they do.

Wasting Time

And then I wasted my time reading a really stupid overly long article at the Atlantic.  Do these people get paid by the word?  The author, a professor of psychology at San Diego State University (who shall remain nameless and purposely not linked), writes about this generation of kids being so depressed because of their over usage of smart phones. 

After a gazillion words telling us why iPhones are so bad for kids she closes her article with this:
I realize that restricting technology might be an unrealistic demand to impose on a generation of kids so accustomed to being wired at all times. My three daughters were born in 2006, 2009, and 2012. They’re not yet old enough to display the traits of iGen teens, but I have already witnessed firsthand just how ingrained new media are in their young lives. I’ve observed my toddler, barely old enough to walk, confidently swiping her way through an iPad. I’ve experienced my 6-year-old asking for her own cellphone. I’ve overheard my 9-year-old discussing the latest app to sweep the fourth grade.
Seriously?  Your toddler swiping through an iPad?  Well, who the hell gave her the iPad? Restricting technology unrealistic for kids accustomed to being wired at all times?  Who allowed that to happen? Try acting like an adult and a parent.

Wine Country Fires


Very sad and very scary.


More:

V for Victory:  Random Thoughts

Some Inspiration for the Day:

No Sidebar: Every Day With Less Leads to a Life Worth More

Doist:  How Exceptionally Productive People End The Workday


Amazon Deals in:

Health and Personal Care
and
Pet Supplies




No comments: