Friday, May 20, 2016

Facebook, Mommy Bloggers, and Dependence on Tech...

otherwise known as clearing up the tabs.

I have a very bad habit of storing stuff in tabs.  It makes me a bit crazy to see all those open tabs.

It seems a reformed Mommy blogger has quit and posted a rather epic rant.  She could have done more good if she'd refrained from flinging about the "F" word, but such is the internet now.  I used to frequent Mommy blogs that focused on decor and such.  I don't anymore, for many of the reasons Josie Denise, the Mommy blogger of the rant, outlined.

I started to lose patience when all the decor sites started to call a bunch of crap sitting on a table a "vignette."  Huh?  Admittedly, the crap was well arranged, which will stand you in good stead if you wish to be a designer in a furniture store.  But, good grief - your home?

I completely lost it when they all started to have coffee stations in their homes.  Is this a home or a restaurant?  A cute little table with the coffee machine, coffee pods, cups, and all the other accoutrements necessary to make your kitchen or dining room look like the corner cafe.   Here's one gal who actually has a cafe sign over her coffee bar which is outfitted with 24 cups in case a couple of baseball teams show up for coffee.

This stuff is all being fueled by Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram.  I signed up for Pinterest, posted a couple of pics and promptly lost interest.  I've never even explored Instagram, and I don't update anything on Facebook.  I don't have a smart phone.  Who the hell wants to have a phone that's smarter than they are?  Not this gal.

This is just my opinion, but I think we're losing our humanity to the tech world.  We've become zombies walking around staring at a little plastic thing in our hand.  It's weird.  I know of few people who need to be that "connected."

I have a couple of trees to plant.  See you all later.

More:

 Sultan Knish:  The Trouble With Facebook

Liberty's Torch:   The Not So Hidden Persuaders

Daily Sheeple:  How to Wake People Up Without Being an A-hole

Ace of Spades:   Quitting Time: It's Time to Start Destroying Our Rotten Progressive-Dominated Institutions By General Strikes and Ruthless Abandonment

Michael Snyder:   Cell Phone Addiction: 15 Numbers That Show The Ridiculous Obsession Americans Have With Their Phones





No comments: