Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Resolutions: The 52 & 7 Challenge...

this is something I can run with.

This whole year long resolution thingy just doesn't work.  You know that and I know that.  So why do we still keep doing it?  It's a mystery.

Jon Acuff has come up with a great idea.  Really great!

From Jon Acuff:
[...]So how do I approach 2013?
Knowing that I’ve had much more enjoyable years when I’ve been deliberate with my time do I change my design on the year?
Easy, I break the year down.
There are 365 days in the year.
There are 7 core areas of life. (Spiritual, Financial, Physical, Social, Mental, Career, Family.)
365 divided by 7 is 52 and some change.
And so begins my 52 & 7 challenge.
I can do anything for 52 days.
I’ve had horrible dating relationships I survived for longer than 52 days.
I’ve had miserable jobs I survived longer than 52 days.
I can do 52 days.
So can you.

No comments: