Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Who is Chelsea?...

someone who knows how to inspire:
My name is Chelsea Zimmerman, I am 29 years old and live in Holts Summit Missouri. I was born in Maryland, moved to Florida a year later, and have been in Missouri since I was nine. I still consider myself a Floridian, although I do love mid-Missouri. I have a slight intolerance for cold weather. I like a beautiful snowfall here and there, but I’d rather be outside enjoying abundant sunshine on breezy 75-85 degree days. I’m a small town girl, I prefer the beach or a quiet country setting to a big city.

Born and raised Catholic, I am constantly striving to deepen my faith and strengthen my relationship with Christ and the Church. I have a strong devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary and the rosary, enjoy spiritual reading, spending time in front of the Blessed Sacrament, frequent confession and going to daily Mass.
Twelve years ago, when I was a junior in high school, I received a spinal cord injury in a car accident that left me paralyzed from the chest down. I have a beautiful, blessed life, but not a day goes by that I don’t face some new challenge or limitation. The idea for the name of this blog actually came from an email that I sent out last year on the sixth anniversary of my injury. I looked back and reflected on things that I had come to realize over the previous six years and came up with the following:
 Find out what Chelsea learned on her "about me" page on her blog, Reflections of a Paralytic

and while you're there, read what she posted today:

Strong Words from Newt on Embryonic Stem Cell Research and IVF

No comments: