Thursday, September 15, 2011

Michelle Obama to team up with Darden Restaurants to lower calorie counts and keep kids skinny...

 to be announced at an Olive Garden restaurant. 
The company will pledge to reduce the calories and sodium in all its meals by 10 percent over five years, and by 20 percent over 10 years. For children, French fries and sugar-sweetened beverages will become the exception and not the rule. source
Funny that she would pick a restaurant that lays claim to the endless salad bowl washed down with bread sticks that pack a whopping 150 calories per stick   And we all know that we only eat one - right??  Don't even begin to consider their famous  mayonnaise-based, loaded with sugar salad dressing we all love so much. 

A 10% reduction in calories is going to make a big difference in the steak Gorgonzola-Alfredo.   It'll bring that puppy down to around 1000 calories which is close to the entire calories needed by an adult woman of average size.   Of course we first had salad and a few bunch of breadsticks, washed down with some wine, and maybe an appetizer bringing the possible calorie count to over 3000. 

And exactly why is this whole calorie reduction thingy going to take 5 years?  Take out a few tablespoons of butter in each dish and, viola, a 10% reduction in calories.

Some Olive Garden Calorie Counts:
Dinner, Chicken, Garlic-Herb con Broccoli    960 Calories 
Salads: Grilled Chicken Caesar    850 Calories  
Pastas: Lunch Entree, Fettuccine Alfredo   800 Calories 
Breadstick   150 Calorie
Steak Gorgonzola-Alfredo  1157 Calories
 
Calorie counts from CalorieKing


Matthew Archbold, at Creative Minority Report says it best:
I always find it a bit ironic the interest the Obamas take in regulating stomachs while completely ignoring wombs. So much for personal choice, huh? In fact, the womb seems to be the one place on earth immune from Nanny State overreach.

But as someone who doesn't think it's the government's business what I throw down my gullet I've come up with a few handy catchphrases to ward off the dietocracy:

Keep your administration out of my abdomen!
Every burger, a wanted burger!
Get your statutes off my stomach!
No directions for my digestion!
My cheese fries, My choice!
Don't like pie? Don't have pie.
Get your bureaucracy out of my belly.



13 comments:

Randy-g said...

Mooch needs a life...The hell away from people.

republicanmother said...

Combine this with the BMI police of Michigan and it would seem that TPTB want to "frog in pot" style start controlling our food intake.

Remember Animal Farm? All pigs are equal, but some are more equal than others. Oink, oink, Michelle.

Amusing Bunni said...

That freaking cow. Some people like big meals served at restaurants, they take home DOGGIE BAGS, a concept unknown to the "stuff all I can eat into my big, fat, lying yap" Moochie!

Gaaaaawkkkk, I can't wait until she goes away! I will be sure to NEVER eat anywhere that goes along with this scheme to cheat us out of food we pay for! Keep a list of every chain that supports her, and BOYCOTT it.

Subvet said...

Okay, the following might be a stupid question but I cheerfully excel in asking those.

Who counts calories when they go out to eat? Am I the only one who happily pigs out whenever dining away from home?

Two stupid questions. Sue me, I can't count either!

Sarah Oldham said...

I want to say something really really naughty here, but I'll just keep it simple. My words to Mrs. Obama: butt out, bitch!

Anonymous said...

Cows, elephants and hippootimus dont eat meat, fries, salad dressings or bread sticks, so why are they fat just like Moochie?

Reaganite Independent said...

SO sick of being preached to by this grating hypocrite- her rear-end looks like the back of a Greyhound bus!

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

I don't frequent restaurants that bow to pressure.

Subvet said...

Reaganite Republican, LOL! Yeah, if that woman ever had to haul ass it would take at least two trips!

Ken & Carol said...

Is this another variation on the theme of "protection?" You wouldn't want something bad to happen to your nice restaurant, would you, you know, an accident?

Anonymous said...

I went out and "super Sized" it last night. Just for the hell of it.

Dymphna said...

Michelle needs to look at her own mirror and leave me alone.

Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina said...

I agree with everyone's comments above! Ms. Obama and her fake eyelashes and big butt in tight ass dresses without sleeves makes me puke!