A young high school acquaintance of mine wrote on her Facebook page, I hate being white :[ (I'm disappointed in what we did in the past!) Now where would a 17 year old come up with that? It certainly wasn't from her parents who I know don't hold that view. Her friends? Probably not. The only place left is school.
Karl Marx said, "The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense." He'd be very proud to know how well his "state run" schools are doing their job.
Schools have ceased to be places where children are taught to read, write, and learn math skills. No siree. They are rapidly declining into state-sponsored indoctrination mills. No prayers are allowed, but "gay" clubs abound. Teaching about "safe sex" has replaced the McGuffey Reader. Children are suspended for wearing t-shirts with pictures of American flags, while being encouraged to celebrate "gay pride" and "Muslim Week."
All of these goings on in our schools is a form of "Cultural Marxism." Terry, of Abbey-Roads, posted the following video that provides a very good overview of this phenomenon.
Here's a handy check list for turning your children into Marxists:
- Make sure both parents have to work in order to pay for the house and the two 40K SUV's they couldn't afford.
- Allow them to have a computer in their room away from prying eyes.
- Let your daughters dress like Lady Gaga and your sons like gang wannabees.
- Don't force religion down their throats. They can make up their own minds when they're adults.
- Make sure they're engaged in several sports programs where there are "no losers".
- Give them unlimited spending money and a car when they turn 16, priming them for an entitlement mentality.
- Tell them at every opportunity how wonderful they are in order to build their self-esteem.
- and by all means - put them in a public school.
- If they are in a public school, don't monitor what's going on - after all, teachers know best /sarc
Zombie : How a Teachers’ Rally Made Me Anti-Education Excellent!
H/T to Sentry Journal for the Zombie article.
The Daley Gator: 3rd Graders Indoctrinated In School Budgeting By Milwaukee Teacher
Red State: Unapologetic Public School Officials Turning Children Into Good Little Comrades
Conservative Hideout: Quick Hits: Why are Your Children Still in Public School?
The Blaze: Why Are NY School Kids Being Taught To Emulate Van Jones?