Sunday, June 12, 2011

It's Pentecost...

let's ignore the bad news for today and take an early morning stroll.

Last Wednesday morning we were surrounded by fog just as the sun was coming up.  I grabbed my camera and took a few pics.

Views from our front deck looking north

click to embiggen





The "croquet field" looking all misty


The bridal wreath to the west of the front deck is blooming




The east lawn looking all mysterious



The same day at sunset

The sun highlighting a few of our 150 lilac bushes


The grass and wildflower garden is lush from all the rain



The cutting garden is just now being planted - over three weeks late due to rain



Join me in the meditation garden for some quiet time






Time to relax on the "lower patio" after working all day



Pentecost represents God’s gracious presence actively at work among His people, calling and enabling them to live out in dynamic ways the witness of being His people.



Breathe into me, Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy.
Move in me, Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy.
Attract my heart, Holy Spirit, that I may love only what is holy.
Strengthen me, Holy Spirit, that I may defend all that is holy.
Protect me, Holy Spirit, that I may always be holy.

7 comments:

Randy-g said...

You do live in heaven. Its good to be you!

Adrienne said...

Randy - the door is always open. Come visit. Better yet - move here...

Priscilla said...

Lovely fog.
I've always loved fog. It is like snow. It makes everything more beautiful and it muffles sound. Beautiful.

christian soldier said...

Beautiful photos of the beauty of God's creation..
and a wonderful post on Pentecost-
Thank you...
Carol-CS

Zilla said...

Thank you,I needed this break from the madness. Beautiful pictures and words. I shared this post at the A-C page so others who need it can enjoy some respite as well.

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

Beautiful Place!

Amusing Bunni said...

You have the most beautiful yard I've ever seen Adrienne. All those lilacs, must smell heavenly!

We sure need the Holy Spirit, now more than ever!
Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos!