Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Canon lawyer rips into Maureen Dowd...

 and it's a beautiful sight.

Oh no! Maureen Dowd doesn’t seem to like me! 

America’s 43rd most influential liberal doesn’t seem to like me, and that’s a scary thought. Not.
 
Maureen Dowd of the New York Times is well-known for her acerbic (sometimes snide) writing style, and for her frequent substitution of ad hominen attacks for sustained and reasonable argument. Such writing appeals, I guess, to those taxed by thinking but amused by rudeness, but beyond seeing her popularity as yet another example of De gustibus, I don’t get it. 
In any case, Dowd’s June 18 NYT column ridiculing New York Archbishop Timothy Dolan for his stand against New York’s endorsement of “gay marriage” is nothing if not vintage Dowd. She scarcely engages Dolan’s reasoning, but disses Dolan as “the Starchbishop” (real grown-up writing, that) and attacks his Church as being “a haven for gay priests” that essentially ignores “the right of a child not to be molested by the parish priest”.    read the rest


4 comments:

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

Homosexuals (some call them gays) have the same exact rights as you and I. They are free to marry anyone of the opposite sex ... end of story.

Adrienne said...

Odie - Honestly - I had to read your comment twice before I "got" it. You make a very good point (as always!)

I will say that I don't agree with the study that says "homosexuals are not the problem in the Church", when anyone with the equivalent of a 2nd grade education knows differently.

Patrick Button said...

Ed Peters is awesome!

Subvet said...

He cuts her three ways; deep, wide and continuous.