Monday, May 23, 2011

Obama is on vacay...

which means we are, too.

Whenever that "man" leaves the country, I breathe easier.  Other than embarrassing us with his gauche behavior (I can live with that), his capacity to do more damage to this country is somewhat mitigated by his absence.  Unfortunately, he keeps coming back.

The sun is shining and I have four flats of plants that need to be potted.  Here are some things that will stimulate your intellect until I return.

John Carey gives us much to think about:  Our system is not broken; However, Something else is

and

Think the matter of homosexual "marriage" is just about two people who love each other and won't have any affect on society or religious freedom?  Better think again.  If it's really all about "tolerance" and "rights", then explain to me why someone should be forced to accommodate them even it goes against their beliefs.  Where's the tolerance in that attitude? 


From Americans for Truth:

Homosexuality in the Heartland
Naturally, efforts to transform American law to affirm people practicing same-sex behavior have collided with the religious and First Amendment liberties of those who disagree with homosexuality. In Illinois, shortly after lame-duck passage of the ”civil unions” bill, a homosexual  male couple targeted Paxton bed-and-breakfast owners Jim and Beth Walder, who have held wedding ceremonies on their property. The “gay” activists seek to use the new law to FORCE the Walders to use their own private business (and property) to host homosexual “civil union” ceremonies against their Christian conscience.  read it all
Shout First, Ask Questions Later adds more to the discussion of homosexual "marriage."    Civil Unions And "White's Only"

 County Thinker takes the legal profession to task (he can do that 'cause he's one of them.)  The Legal Nanny State and America’s Cultural Devolution

Backyard Conservative:   Contrary to popular belief, patients with public insurance, such as Medicaid, account for a higher proportion of emergency department visits than the uninsured 
I have never understood people who use the emergency room like a doctor's office.  Never.  I didn't even go to the emergency room when I broke my leg.  I hopped (literally) into a walk-in clinic and, after a few x-rays, they strapped me into a boot.  I paid about $500.00 and was good to go. 

Reaganite Republican gives us an in-depth look at what could possibly be Sarah Palin's new home.  We lived in Sedona for 12 years and in Scottsdale for two years.  As I've already told RR, if she only paid 1.6 million for that house, she got a steal.   Sarah Palin Reportedly Aquires $1.6M Home in Scottsdale, Arizona (photos)

Creative Minority Report asks:  Shouldn't MTV be Pro-Life? 

The Daley Gator:  Supreme Court Orders California To Release Up To 46,000 Felons From Prison.  Aren't those called future Democrats?

Puddette: takes a good look at Dominique Strauss-Kahn and the culture of elite entitlement  Quel creep
And I thank her making me a featured blog last week.  I'm honored beyond words...

Chris Wysocki:   Team Obama digging for dirt on a guy who isn't running for president  I love the smell of fear in the morning.

Odie, The Woodsterman, brings us Rule 5 Friday his way.  Not to be missed!

All Things Irish:

MOTUS:  O'bamas land to Put Moneygall on the map.  Perfectly snarky - and we thank her. 

and

TCOTS offers us the:  The Righteous Rant Of The Day: The Sodden One Visits The Old Sod

McNorman's Blog:  Quite Appropriate Code Name, Don’t You Think?  Priceless!

via Memeorandum:


The best-protected car in the world... defeated by an Irish ramp: Obama's limo 'The Beast' gets stuck at U.S. Embassy  Too funny!

In case you missed it:   Sunday: Devoted to all things Israel...



Breaking:


Hubby sees doctor.  Blood pressure perfect.  Hit's $Store to celebrate.




Oy vey!

10 comments:

Zilla said...

Glad hubby's doing well, those snacks look yummy! Great roundup, and I am so happy to be online to read it today. :)
It's great that zero and moo are away, but don't underestimate his ability to act maliciously against us from far away places, remember what he did on his last vacation.

MOTUS said...

WooHoo Hubby!

But I didn't see any Cheetos. Little Mo just had his checkup today and also got a perfect score. I won't show you what he picked out at the bait shop for his celebration.

Adrienne said...

Zilla - I was happy to see you online - all bright and perky!

I never underestimate that pig. Ooooops! Can you call a Muslim a pig?

Adrienne said...

MOTUS - I think that one bag is some kind of fake Cheetos. Hard to say 'cause I was headed into a diabetic coma just unpacking the bag and was getting woozy.

Glad Little Mo got an A+...

Amusing Bunni said...

I'm glad hubby is healthy, but eating all that junk can't be good. I hope o gets stuck there permanently...maybe mooshell gave the car 4 flat tires, with all that weight ;-)

Country Thinker said...

Adrienne: I know we have some disagreements about the legal status of same sex marriages (as a libertarian I would like to see governments out of the marriage licensing business), but I want to point out where we agree.

I am vehemently opposed to efforts to force/compel/coerce others into liking, approving, or accepting same sex marriages. If you want to go out in pulblic with a shirt that says "Marriage is between a man and a woman," go for it. If the Walders don't want same sex marriages performed there, that's fine by me.

A red flag goes up any time I hear active verbs used in association with governmental action - make, force, compel, require, etc. I don't always disagree, but these words put me on alert.

Adrienne said...

Bunni - I gave up years ago on the food thingy. Thing is - he's healthy. Go figure!

Adrienne said...

CT - Laws, by their very nature, compel, force, make, or require someone to do or not do something.

When they passed laws determining certain things as "hate crimes", it opened the door to the types of things that are happening. Once homosexuals became a "protected class" based on their sexuality, it opened the floodgates to litigation.

Any lawyer who wishes to act ethically should refuse to take a case that is designed to harass or try to coerce a private citizen to not only "tolerate" the behavior of others, but actively participate in aiding that behavior through private commerce.

There was a similar case in Great Briton with Christian proprietors of a bed and breakfast who didn't want to rent to homosexual couples. They were eventually driven out of business. Exactly what purpose did that serve the homosexuals? Tolerance only runs one direction in this debate.

I don't really care (I've said this before) if Bob and John want to have unhealthy and deviant sexual relations with each other. Just don't expect me to approve. I'm in favor of everyone, homosexuals and heterosexuals, taking their sex lives back into the closet where it belongs.

Country Thinker said...

" Laws, by their very nature, compel, force, make, or require someone to do or not do something."

Maybe it's a philosophical difference, but I make a distinction between requiring and forbidding action.

You're right, by the way, that tolerance is a one way street here.

Blue said...

Excellent news on "Hubby's" health!

That looks like a great line-up of snacks. The popcorn and cookies, especially! Oh yeah! Love it!