Sunday, March 13, 2011

It's Sunday...

and I don't have the heart or the inclination to post anything disturbing.

Please offer your Sunday worship to the people of Japan as well as all the Christians who suffer persecution.  It is mind numbing that in the 2011 AD there are people being slaughtered for being Christians. 

Regular snarky posting will resume tomorrow. 

For today I'm going to make an effort to lift up my heart and hopefully bring a bit of joyfulness into yours.

May God bless all my readers (even the loony lefty trolls.)  

Father Speekman  has a homily for the first Sunday of Lent that brings the concept of true power into laser-like focus - and we thank him.

In  Thanking the Devil  Father Powell carries out the same theme and also garners the coveted

Quote of the Day
Lent is our chance to do what Jesus does. While in this desert for forty days, we take the devil’s false promises to us and turn them into the fulfilled promises of God’s love and care for us. God will love us against our will, but He will not prevent us from taking the devil’s deal if we will to do so. He will give us everything we need to say No to the devil, but He will not say No for us. We must act; we must say to the devil’s face, “It is written…” God and His promises come first.

Terry at Abbey Roads brings us the message of Our Lady of Akita    The Marian Shrine at Akita, Japan

Matt over at Conservative Hideout posted a   A Message From God  from Pastor Terry.  Excellent!

Carol's Closet is celebrating  Spring is here!

Music for Sunday

Quite Rightly over at Bread Upon the Water   Just a Closer Walk with Thee - Ella Fitzgerald

Nice Deb   Your Sunday Hymn: Attende Domine  the sound of angels

Always on Watch   Musical Interlude a must see!!! Really!

and no Sunday would be complete without our 

Sunday Funnies from Reaganite Republican

For Bunni:

12 comments:

Toaster 802 said...

Sorry to ruin your Sunday, but I tjought you should see this;

I said, “I am Catholic, and I do not believe in Islam.” Following me, one of the Muslim students spoke. She said that she was Muslim, and then she addressed me directly. In a soft, Arabic accented voice, she told me, “You are an infidel because you do not accept Islam” and that “according to Islam you do not deserve to live.” A second Muslim student heartily agreed, and after repeating the first student’s comments, she added that “in Islam, the Koran and the tradition of the prophet are very clear about this” and that “you deserve to die.”

This was one of several publicly-made threatening statements and insults that I would receive from Muslim seminary classmates for my open disagreement with Islam. In another incident, I was in a class on modern Islamic thought and an American male convert to Islam informed me in front of my classmates and the professor, “You deserve to die on account of your disagreement with Islam.” Another student, an American Muslim woman of Egyptian heritage, informed me that I was “dirty” on account of being a Christian. When I tried to address these and other incidents with the HS administration, I was told directly that I was “intolerant” of Muslims and needed to show a better “understanding of Islam” as a solution. No action was ever taken by the seminary.

http://rumcrook.wordpress.com/

Reaganite Independent said...

Thanks for a great Sunday post, Adrienne~

Randy-g said...

I hope you had, and are still having a great Sunday Adrienne.

ABNPOPPA said...

Awe, what a cute kitty.

Regarding Toaster 802:

I had the opportunity to attend a lecture by a Lutheran Pastor and a Muslim one Sunday evening. The Muslim was a learned man with appropriate credentials, AKA a Masters Degree and Doctorate. The discussion went well with both men explaining their sides until...... the subject of killing an infidel came up. After the Lutheran Pastor gave his view the Muslim got up and walked out without comment. That pretty much ending the lecture. I would point out at no time was the Muslim mistreated or shown any disrespect. Those of us attending were mature individuals who were there to learn about this religion. Needless to say, we learned a lot.

Pops
@Conservative Outrage

Matt said...

Thanks for the link. I will add you to my blogroll.

Adrienne said...

Matt - love your blog. Thanks for the bloggy love.

Adrienne said...

Toaster - sending you and email. You didn't ruin my Sunday. :-)

Adrienne said...

RR - you're welcome. Thank you for the great funnies every Sunday (and all the wonderful posts you've been doing lately...

Adrienne said...

Randy - aw shucks....

Adrienne said...

Pops - I can quite imagine the whole scene.

Amusing Bunni said...

Awwwwww, my praying kitty!
Thanks Adrienne

Adrienne said...

Bunni - no lie - I was wondering where you were and I came in and found your comments. We love our Bunni!