Saturday, March 19, 2011

I have a cold...

but still I sit (snuffling) in front of my computer and peruse the news.  This is either dedication or insanity (for sure my crazy troll would vote for insanity.)

My head is pounding and so I will lead you gently to those who have intelligent things to say today.  That's all I can handle.

Tomorrow is the Feast of Purim in the Jewish calendar.  Angel, over at Woman Honor Thyself, has the lowdown done in her unique and easy to understand way - and we thank her.  

Union Stuff:

Doug Ross reminds us to Thank a Union
and
The Bay Citizen reports  SF Pension Crisis Much Worse than City Claims
and
Teresamerica has  Wisconsin Public Sector Unions: Separating Fact From Fiction
and
The Blog Prof:  Good grief: AFL-CIO equates lavish union benefits to... black civil rights in the 60's!
and
Legal Insurrection explains the temporary restraining order in Wisconsin:   If Need Be, Re-Pass The Law And Include The Police Unions

Other Stuff

Quite Rightly lets lose on NPR   NPR Serves 11% of U.S.--"Predominately white, liberal, highly educated, elite"

Maggie enlightens us to what Mark Levin and Mark Steyn have to say about Boehner
(Hint: It's not nice.)  Ever notice that Mark Steyn could probably read the phone book and sound super smart?


Stacy unloads on the Catholic Church...sort of:   In E-Mail to Dan Riehl, Shankman Claims ‘Very Mainstream Catholic Theology’
 and
Dan Riehl Always Gets His Man: Madison Althouse Stalker James L. Shankman UPDATE: Social F–ing Justice Theory? Shankman Quotes … Pope Leo XIII!

I agree with both posts...

Pundette brings us up-to-date on all things Libya:    Questions about Libya


Zilla unloads on a strawberry thief and it was wonderful.  I really liked the "tiny rat like brain" part. 
I Saw What You Did


Just the way I want to see the first woman of the USA dressed, while she, her worthless husband, and the first daughters, enjoy even yet another vacation on our dime.

I could "treat" you to way more photos of, for instance, their departure (looking like street people), their arrival (looking like slightly cleaned up street people), but I'll leave all that to our wonderful MOTUS who may be in great danger of having her refractive surface cracked. And what's with all that fake hair on the first daughters?

Weasel Zippers wasn't too impressed, either.  First Lady Brags About Her Humble Origins, Shows Off Her Famous Arms in Brazil



It's after 11:00 am and I must feed my cold a bit of breakfast.  Play nice while I'm gone...

13 comments:

Zilla said...

Thanks for the linky love, I hope you feel better soon and thanks for the great roundup too!

Terry Nelson said...

Did you ever see "For Your Consideration" by Chris Guest? The movie within that movie is "Waiting for Purim" - LOL! Jews don't really make a big deal of these things.

Terry Nelson said...

I shoulda said most Jews.

Flyover Pilgrim said...

Hope you feel better soon!

"That woman" has no idea of propriety, elegance or ... I just cannot speak. That gold dress is hideous.

I, too, liked the takedown on the strawberry thief. In my middle age, I am less tolerant of that stuff; I have talked to store managers when I see something going on. They have ALL been very grateful!

Sherry said...

Get well Adrienne!

Blue said...

I find the First Female quite unattractive. I agree with Flyover Pilgrim that michelle has no sense of propriety or elegance. That red and black parachute she was wearing when she got off the plane makes her ass look fat. Not very classy.

I still believe that she was a linebacker for 'da Bears....

Hope you're feeling better soon!

:)

Randy-g said...

Get well soon young lady.

WomanHonorThyself said...

feel better hun..thanks for the linky..hey..want some chicken soup?..lol (Huuugs)

Terry Nelson said...

I hope you feel better too.

Old Bob said...

I live in a neighborhood that's about half white, lots black, the rest one-of-everybody. It's a fact that, in general, black women have bigger butts (in all three dimensions) than white women. VERY un-PC, I know, but true.

Justin said...

Read your links to Maggie's Notebook...curious to hear your thoughts on Boehner. I know a lot of conservatives seem to be getting almost fire-breathing mad with him. Personally, I'm not there yet. I wish he would be bolder...but I appreciate that he's still getting cuts. I guess my biggest concern is that we're going to let the Dems divide and conquer us again.

Randy-g said...

Still ill? You are missed....

WomanHonorThyself said...

ya better yet hun? :)