Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday Dinner

Hubby has a hankering for an old fashioned hot roast beef sandwich.  This used to be pretty standard fare at the dime store lunch counters when I was a girl.  They used to put the gluey mashed potatoes on the plate with an ice cream scoop and gallons of gravy would be poured on the whole mess to hide the mystery meat.

I have a small roast slow cooking in the oven for after church.  Hubby will have to put up with real mashed potatoes but I'll use an ice cream scoop if he insists.

8 comments:

Quite Rightly said...

That looks good! Yum.

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Great post & blog! I'm updating my links..will add you!

belinda said...

Adrienne, Stop it some more.

Is that platter low carb?

Stupid Dr.Atkins!! Um,oh,.... I mean God bless Dr.Atkins!

Though this meal looks fantastic, I tried on a swimsuit last Tuesday and I hurt my own feelings.

-Hello, chub O'meat diet.

Pablo the Mexican said...

I used to eat that at Woolworth's and the Busy Bee Cafe in downtown Phoenix, Az in the 1950's.

Those potatoes are where the saying "Sticks to your ribs" comes from.

It was good stuff.

*

Charlene said...

We always had fried chicken and mashed postatoes with white gravy. I think that's because we raised beef on the farm and chickens being fewer in number, were not as available, so it was special.

Blue said...

Mmmmmmmmm.....

You're making me hungry!

Toaster 802 said...

Yum!

I see this dinner in my near future...

Mark D. said...

Ok, that is possibly the finest plate of food I have ever seen a picture of! There is nothing better than a hot roast beef sandwich with mashed potatoes. Heavenly.