Monday, February 28, 2011

Remember When?

actually, many of you don't.

Pat Boone's article Welcome to the Nightmare asks us to remember a time when he was young.
Is it just me? Am I dreaming something that never was? Or do you remember the same things I do?
Considering Pat's age, and mine for that matter, fewer and fewer people remember all the things he and I experienced growing up in America.  Few of this blog's readers lived in a world that even remotely resembled life before the 60's or the 70's.

If this wasn't all a dream, if you remember most of this like I do, what happened? How do we find ourselves in this nightmare of contemporary America?  How has it changed so radically, and so fast?
As I reach back into this horrible nightmare, I seem to hear a loud, almost fanatic threat echoing in the night … "We are just five days away from fundamentally transforming the United States of America!"
The easy thing to do is pin the complete blame on Obama.  In reality, the downward spin started way before he was even born.  Obama is nothing more than the culmination of years of sliding morality, Marxist influence in the schools, and puppet masters controlling the dialogue.  

This process of destruction of liberty and cohesiveness has, by necessity, been ramped up to warp speed.  I absolutely believe that the final economic downfall will happen very quickly.  As the revolving door of credit, debt, unfunded liabilities, and entitlement spending - not just here, but in most developed countries, comes to a screeching halt, we will awake one day to a global "solution."  The people who consider themselves the "elites" will not stand for a world that is economically broken. Who would fund their lifestyles if the world was completely destroyed?  They'll push the "reset button" and we will become one big happy family. 

Today's Required Reading:

Pundit Press:  NY Teachers Union Calls for Members to 'Agitate'
NRO:   Obamacare and the CLASS Fraud
Cato:   The Value Added Tax Must Be Stopped  
The BlogProf:   Pic of the Day: The Only Chart You Need To See To Understand Why The US Is Screwed

I just started Rick Perry's book.  He doesn't mince any words.


5 comments:

Randy-g said...

All great reads, the Blog Prof. charts are, well, eye opening to say the least. They need viewed by as many as possible. Thanks for the tip "young lady".

Old Bob said...

Adrienne, I was born in 1944, have some memories of 1946 and 1947; memories of 1950 onward are abundant and clear. Few people can remember that world, only a tiny number can even imagine it, just as you said.
A good lifelong friend and I live in what is now a bad neighborhood. It's unpleasant, but especially bitter is remembering it as it was.

Adrienne said...

Randy - I scour the interwebs for the best...

Adrienne said...

I thought of you when I wrote this and you came up at the breakfast table (since we are almost exactly the same age.)

belinda said...

What strikes me the most is how rude, crude and dirty our society has become and for the lack of affection people have for one another, many of whom would stand by and watch all sorts of terrible things happen and not feel morally obligated to get involved.

I am also shocked by the new sexual norms and I miss that people dont dress up any more....for much of anything and when they do they leave little to the imagination. Now, "getting lucky" on prom night is a given.

It's become all about me - my desires, my wants and even if it costs YOU something.

*****
Consider for a moment how my 93 year old mother in law feels. She remembers flappers. Her aunts would come home from something or other and their father- her grandfather would complain about their dresses being above the knee because he had been accustomed to the dresses sweeping the floor and as the hem line rose, our morality fell.