Wednesday, June 16, 2010

From Sherry Antonetti at Potluck:

Having Read Your Speech Mr. President, a few things…

My grandfather had a terribly unsympathetic phrase he’d use whenever anyone complained about ….anything.  “You shouldn’t hire out if you didn’t want to go to work.”   It meant stop gritching and get back to the job at hand, or at least, that’s always what I interpreted it to mean; whether it was doing the dishes, cleaning a crab after catching a mess of them, or grousing about the last day at the beach clean-a-thon that always took place.

Last night, the president made a speech about how this crisis in the Gulf of Mexico proves the need for our nation to wean itself from it’s addiction to fossil fuels.  He outlined all he said he’d done to help with clean up. He talked about how he’d approved national guards but that the states needed to mobilize them.  He mentioned how he’d granted options for building sand barriers and installing booms to protect the coast and how he’d mobilized a committee from the get go.  I admit I have a life so I’m not glued to the computer/tv and radio 24-7 to hear his every action but I can’t see how I missed all these dynamic bold steps to help with the clean up that the President did or at least, I missed their timeliness.  read the rest


1 comment:

MightyMom said...

Sherry's always well spoken!