Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Wake Me When It's Over...

I was pleased to note many links to this fine article by Robert Samuelson, The Welfare State's Death Spiral.   Frank Ross, over at Big Journalism, picked up on the article and provided some important charts on welfare.   Ruby Slippers gets it. 

While plenty of people see the present government as unsustainable, way too many folks think it can be fixed with an election.  The best we can hope for is a few years to prepare for what is inevitable.

Now for some really important stuff:

Allow me to thank all the people who have voted for me (and actually admit it in public) at the Cannonball Catholic Blog Awards.

My friend Sarah, over at My Wonderful Life, could use some votes in the Most Under-Appreciated Blog.  Sarah and her hubby Subvet, are parents of three beautiful special needs children.  It's beautiful to witness the joy these children bring to their parents.

In Sarah's words taken from her blog: 
"My husband is Subvet. We have a 6 year old son "Sonshine", a 5 year old son "Gator-boy" and a 3 year old daughter "Sugars" All have special needs and all are perfect in every way."
Beautiful!

I still need votes (lots and lots) so head over and click on my name for best political blog.  You can vote every day this entire week.  Ask your co-workers to take a moment to vote.  Email your relatives and friends with a link.

I have so much more to say, but alas and alack, my garden calls.  When you have five acres (three in gardens), your work is never done. 
The Annual Cannonball Catholic Blog Awards
Adrienne's Corner nominated for best political blog

Click  --> HERE <--  to vote

7 comments:

belinda said...

Wake you when it's over?!

You mean when we see the tunnel and the bright light right?!

I can't believe what has happened to our nation. It breaks my heart.

Subvet said...

Thanks for the kind words. Best of luck in the election.

Speaking of elections, I also don't believe in the "quick fix" of 2010 OR 2012 election results. I feel we're headed for really tough times, hopefully limited to just the economy. The Great Depression may look like boom times before this is all over.

What are your thoughts on what constitutes the inevitable? You seem to be playing those cards kinda close to your chest.

Adrienne said...

Belinda - it's going to be awhile before we get out of the tunnel...

Adrienne said...

Subbie - it's just a way to keep people coming back. In due time all will be revealed...heh

Ebeth said...

As out of the loop as I've been....how did I miss this!!??

Kevin said...

Did ya see G Beck Tuesday night? This does look like it can be fixed by doing now what we would be made to do "after". Some hard decisions need to be made. Now after this forced health insurance subsidy, cap and trade is going to be shoved down our throat. This 2 programs need to die and "entitlements" need to be slashed. Fiscal conservatism needs to rule the day!!!!

Sarah Oldham said...

Okay, I voted! If you lose, I can send you something nice from HI. I just need your mailing address (again). I guess from your perspective it would be comforting to know that I lose these things so I can't stalk you. HE HE HE.