Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fat Tuesday

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday which begins the season of Lent.  I have always loved Lent and look forward to it each year.  But today is Fat Tuesday, a day of final celebration before the fasting and abstaining.   I'm headed to Costco to buy some gooshy sweet rolls for tonight.

Have you gathered together your reading and made a list of things you may want to accomplish during Lent?  Patty over at St. Monica's Tears, has a great list if you need ideas.  Nunly (Mary Ellen) has a great meditation to get you in the right frame of mind.  And Sherry, over at Chocolate for Your Brain, is already having problems and Lent hasn't even started.  Oy vey!  Tracy, A Catholic Mom in Minnesota, has posted a wonderful prayer for Fat Tuesday.

And from last year:
Lenten Journey
Super Tuesday and Ash Wednesday


I posted this link last year.  Well worth a read:


 



What Can I Do Before Lent Begins? 
  
Anything worth doing is worth preparing for..




 Just imagine that this Lent is going to be different from every other Lent we've experienced.  Imagine that there will be many graces offered me this year.  Let's even imagine that God is going to help transform our lives, with greater freedom, greater joy, deeper desires for love and service. read the rest
 And it's not too late to acquire this fabulous book which is part of my Lenten reading list for this year:
The Gargoyle Code





5 comments:

Fr. John Mary, ISJ said...

To honor an old English tradition, we had pancakes, applesauce and bacon for dinner...tomorrow it's meatless and fasting...as well as the rest of Lent, unless it's a Solemnity, we're abstaining from meat from the main meal and completely on Monday, Wednesday and Friday...but Easter will come soon...and hopefully it won't be an endurance contest.
Prayer, penance and almsgiving...the Lenten fare.
A Blessed Lent to all of you!

Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina said...

Thank you for all of the Lenten suggestions! Just had (hopefully) my last bite of the decadent trifle we made for Valentine's Day.tomorrow the Lent fast begins! Blessings to you, Roz

Mary Ellen said...

Oh man..that picture of the jelly donut has me drooling.

Thanks for linking to my post and thank you again for the suggestion on that book. I meant to go out and buy it this weekend, but couldn't get to the bookstore. I think I'll pick it up while I'm out to get my ashes tomorrow. It's definitely on my list too. If it's not at the bookstore I'll just order it on Amazon. I have two other books to read, too.

MightyMom said...

crap woman, it's 2.5 hours into Lent and you tempt me with THAT PICTURE!!!

yikes.


see me chugging my water over here???

urg.

Mary Ellen said...

Mighty Mom- :-D