Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday

Welcome Creative Minority Readers.  Please note the update at the bottom of the post.  I was remiss in not recommending the fine site Catholic Spiritual Direction.

Before leaving for the day to contemplate Ash Wednesday and the beginning  of Lent (my favorite liturgical season), here are some wonderful links for your edification:

 But first, if you haven't had time to gather up some great reading for Lent, head over to Sancte Pater.  Vincenzo has a complete list of links to FREE Catholic Books.  Wowza!!  I can't wait to head back over there and start printing out stuff.  Thanks, Vincenzo!!  Nothing makes my heart beat faster than the anticipation of a new book.  And who can argue with free???

Ebeth:  It's Lent: Are you tending the garden?
Tracy: Ash Wednesday 
Father Longenecker:  Three Weapons to Fight the Un-Holy Trinity

Terry: Repentance
Father Powell: Now is the Day of Salvation
Bob: The Cross is the Crux of the Matter
Father Farfaglia: Getting Ready for Lent: the spiritual battle
Cathy of Alex: The Lenten Plan
Jean:  Ash Wednesday: A Journey Into the Desert
Mary Rose: Cheap Apologies and Thoughts on Ash Wednesday 
Bella: Ash Wednesday: The Beginning of our Lenten Journey
Adoro: Ash Wednesday
Ironic Catholic:  10 Ways in Which the Winter Olympics is Like Ash Wednesday

Update: The Catholic Spiritual Direction site is excellent. 

Since the death of my step-son 10 weeks ago, our precious Elle dog 6 weeks ago, and now the loss of our equally precious Sophie dog 4 days ago, my husband and I feel like we've already had our own personal Lent.  It is very "dry" around here right now.

We hope to emerge at Easter having healed and grown in our faith.

God bless all my readers.  I will pray for you all this Lenten season...


See you all tomorrow!

7 comments:

Abbey's Road said...

Dear Adrienne, my first visit. I am deeply sorrowful for your losses. In turning to God, journeying through the season of Lent, I know that you will be comforted. God IS Love!

Blessings and praying for you, as well.

Abbey

Tracy said...

Blessings to you on this Ash Wednesday!!

Larry Denninger said...

May God shower you with grace and love this Lent, Grand Duchess!

Abbey's Road said...

I was so happy to see you had visited. Daylily nurser? Master gardener? Lady, I might want to pick your brain come springtime! Where in Texas did you live? I was raised in Amarillo. Mom and Dad are still there and getting old, so I may be moving back to be with them as much as possible and to care for them when that time comes. I LOVE TEXAS, and my husband fell in love with it, too. He's been talking about moving there for years!

Attended Ash Wednesday Mass at noon ... was so grateful to see so many attendees! I was so thrilled to be in the presence of God and to feel the Holy Spirit among us. I have some much-needed and well-thought goals for Lent. Please keep me in your prayers, as I pray for you!

Blessings to you and yours, Adrienne!

Old Bob said...

My heart goes out to you, and I pray God will replace your sorrow with joy. And thanks for mentioning me; you do me honor.

MightyMom said...

without paying attention to it's subject matter or to the timing, I started reading The Screwtape Letters last week......has made for some VERY INTERESTING Lent reading I must say!

Fr. John Mary, ISJ said...

Auntie A: A blessed Lent to you and to all!
I think it's gonna be a great one; don't know why, just have my instinct.
Know you are in our prayers, here!
God love ya!