Monday, January 25, 2010

Ronald Reagan and Honesty

The single thing I find most alarming about our current President and the people who surround him is their ability to lie with such ease.  They will look you right in the eye and utter the most outrageous statements that contradict what they have said before, or be so blatantly false that only a fool would believe them. 



In 1968, Ronald Reagan wrote to his daughter Patty while she was attending The Orme School in Arizona.  Patty had turned herself in to school authorities for breaking a school rule. Reagan told her that she did the right thing by turning herself in, but he was most disturbed about her having resorted to "tricks and deception" in order to break this rule. He and Patty's mother were "concerned that you can establish a pattern of living wherein you accept dishonesty as a way of life."  In his letter he explained his concerns for her:
 "Let's turn from you and translate it into someone else. Would you be happy if you weren't sure that I was quite honest? Would you be comfortable if you had to wonder whether you could believe things I said?  Or if perhaps now you had to worry that maybe I was being dishonest in this job -- that some day the paper would carry a story exposing me as a lawbreaker?  You know the answer of course.  


But don't you see  - compromising with truth, no matter how trivial, does something to us.  The next time it serves our purpose we do it again and again and one day we find ourselves in trouble and we're not quite sure why or how." Ronald Reagan, March 5, 1968 from Reagan, A Life in Letters
This President and his minions are people without honor.  They have an agenda - one that is not in the best interests of this country. And they will stop at nothing to carry it out. Their heroes are the likes of Saul Alinsky, Cloward and Piven, and tin-pot murdering dictators. This President has brought communists and  tax-cheats into the center of power.  He bows to Muslims, insults the citizens of this country, and ridicules his opponents. 


 On Wednesday, he will give his state-of-the-union address to this nation. He will tell us that he has "saved or created" a gazillion jobs even though the unemployment rate is the highest it's been since 1948.  He will remind you of the terrible situation he inherited from his predecessor, while he has spent our money at a rate never before experienced in this country. He will tell you he "feels your pain" and everything he is doing is for you. 

And the worse thing he will no doubt say is "he's not giving up."  Oh no - this effete poseur is planning on doubling down on his horrendous plans.  He is nothing more than a dangerous puppet who will bribe, cheat, and tell whatever lies are necessary, to please his handlers.

Remember the words of Ronald Reagan when you listen to this despicable human being on Wednesday, for he is a man who doesn't even remember the meaning of the word truth.
 

13 comments:

Reaganite Republican said...

Ronald Reagan was a man of valour, honor, and principle... and this misguided, habitually dishonest Alinskyite punk Obama couldn't hold The Gipper's jockstrap-

Mary Ellen said...

Sheesh...I just about finished my comment and it got erased somehow.

Anyway...what I wanted to say was, this is an excellent post!

You are absolutely correct, Obama is a liar to the nth degree. I saw it when he lied his way through Senate elections in Illinois, and saw who is "mentors" were. Let's not forget the disgusting Reverend Wright.

Obama was raised by a truly disfunctional family and I believe he was surrounded by dishonesty his entire child and young adulthood. He is the classic narcissist, there is no doubt in my mind.

Larry Denninger said...

If you watch the speech Wednesday, get a piece of cardboard or poster board, write the words "HE IS LYING!!!" in big letters and prop it beneath the television - as a reminder. Thus you won't get fooled by the Prevaricator-in-Chief.

Austringer said...

Adrienne,

Honestly, I just can't bring myself to listen to the man. I don't need the frustration. I will happily listen to the commentary by those whose opinion I value, like Prager, Medved, and a few others.

Mark D. said...

Reagan was far from a perfect man - and it was in part his challenges and imperfections, and the lessons he learned from them, that provided him with the background for his political career.

He knew that honesty was important, and loyalty, because he had seen and felt in his own life the tragic consequences of dishonesty and disloyalty.

Reagan's wisdom was practical, and it was learned by experience. That's why it rings so true to us today.

Thanks for sharing this, Adrienne. Well worth reading!

Mary Ellen said...

Well, we all know that "fight" will be the key word for the SOTU speech and if I were into getting sloshed in the middle of the week, I'd join the drinking game. I think I'll pass, though...don't need a hangover on Thursday.

Adrienne said...

Reaganite R - Hmmmmmmmm - interesting picture you drew for us. But you're right!

Adrienne said...

Mary Ellen - Don't you just hate it when that happens?? It happens to me quite often. I just hit return and move on not realizing a second box is coming up (on some of the blogs) with a capcha. Arrrrrrrgh!

I still find it amazing that people fell for Obama's schick...

Adrienne said...

Larry - Not much danger of that happening around this household. Makes me wish I could still drink!

Adrienne said...

Austie: I will happily listen to the commentary by those whose opinion I value, like Prager, Medved, and a few others.

Hmmmmmmmm - I don't see my name listed.

Crushed, I tell you - just crushed

Adrienne said...

Mark - head to the library and check out Reagan, A Life in Letters. Very good. I love reading other people's letters. Gives you real insight into who they are.

Austringer said...

Aw, Adrienne hon -- I didn't forget you! It's just a GIVEN that I trust you!!

Adrienne said...

Austie - whew! I was worried there.

But be careful. Just because I wouldn't eat your hawk for dinner, doesn't necessarily make me a good person. I will admit to be being a very fun person though...