Monday, October 19, 2009

2010 - A Line in the Sand

My Google Reader is over 1000 again. One thing I've noticed over the past few weeks is the barrage of posting on what most of us would consider a "slow news week."  Not that there still isn't plenty of news, but a lot of it consists of information that seems to be non-essential to our well-being.

During such a week, many of my fellow bloggers (I include myself) check their statcounters and go into a tailspin. They then feel the need to post even more stuff that doesn't necessarily promote the general welfare, unless you consider hours spent sifting through the weeds to get to the wheat as time well spent. I don't anymore.

I expect that from news aggregator sites such as Instapundit or even Hot Air.  For the average everyday blogger, however, it has gotten harder and harder to cull the important stuff.  We seem to have developed a mass-hysteria of posting for posting sake.  Soon, I envision readers becoming so overwhelmed they'll just tune out completely.

It really is no different than the Cloward-Piven Strategy.  One of it's main goals is to overwhelm the opponent.  I think we are doing this to ourselves in many ways. This sort of mass posting  leaves the average reader no time for digesting what they have read, or for just spending time on reflection. 

One of my goals has been to find the things I believe are important, and either elaborate on the subject or direct my readers to reputable sources for further reading.  My main concern has been focused on health care. I believe socialized medicine is the main path through which the "powers that be" will  gain control of the economy and ultimately of us.  The next most dangerous movement, almost equal to health care, is the environmental movement.  I have posted before on Agenda 21.  One of the outcomes of this movement is the upcoming Copenhagen Treaty, which I believe Obama plans to sign in December. Over the next few days, I will be reading the entire treaty in order to speak with a semblance of intelligence on the subject.

The Green Room at Hot Air

Hot Air has a "back room" called the Green Room.  Many of my favorite bloggers, like Stacy McCain, are regular contributors.  While the "front page" of Hot Air covers many important issues, it also contain lots of fluff. While perusing the Green Room a few days ago, I came across an article written by Ken Pritchett of Red Dot in a Red State's Blog,  entitled "2010 A Line in the Sand."


Ken states in this fine article: 
[...]
"the Progressive Movement has found their St. Michael, and they are moving forward with their agenda at warp speed. Knowing their agenda is one part of our battle, and one cannot know their agenda without knowing the history of the Progressives."
 I urge you all to read this well-written summation of the Progressive Movement and what Ken says is "the line in the sand."

More on the Copenhagen Treaty:

Lord Monckton on the Copenhagen Treaty


6 comments:

Joe of St. Thérèse said...

Obama is speeding up the new world order

Joe said...

The New World Order that was orchestrated by the Bush's, Cheney, Rumsfeld and the skull & bones society.

smitty1e said...

You've got to arrange the feeds into folders.
Then you can have one labeled 'Liberals' and derive a tiny moment of satisfaction from blowing it away.

Adrienne said...

Joe - it started waaaaaaaaay before Bush and Cheney.

Adrienne said...

Smitty - Wow! I never thought of a folder just for liberals. Truth be told, other than a few times, I avoid their sites 'cause they scare me.

Right now I have about 10 folders and pushing 400 feeds coming in. Then I have the tabs for the news sites that don't have feeds. I'm exhausted!!

MightyMom said...

----am tuning out from overstimulation of blog postings--