Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Where's our 19 Billion?

You could have knocked me over with that proverbial feather this morning when I read the headlines: GM says bondholder offer fails; bankruptcy likely.

Oooops - Bailout figure likely to hit 60 billion

However:

According to the Washington Post the union's cost-of-living increases, along with some holiday pay, were suspended. Yet UAW President Ronald A. Gettelfinger stressed that there would be no reduction in the membership's base hourly pay, health care and pensions.

Meantime, while shopping in Coeur d' Alene yesterday I couldn't help but notice the large expansion taking place at Parker Toyota.

American Idol Rigged??

I don't watch American Idol but was still a bit shocked to read this. Does AT&T really care who wins?? It appears that AT&T may have had some bit of influence on the votes.

Criticize Sotomayor and you'll be called a racist....

I'm going to repeat what I said yesterday and was glad Rush stopped by to pick up on my train of thought. Sonia Sotomayor is a racist and Barack Obama is the racist in chief.




1 comment:

Ken & Carol said...

"Criticize Sotomayor and you'll be called a racist....": I suspect, on admittedly fairly thin grounds, that we might be called racists before we criticize Sotomayor. It comes with the territory and the poor imagination of our political opponents.