Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What are doing today?.......

Internet Monk has a very good article on how and why we use the internet. I first read this type of reflection on
43 folders.


Random Thoughts About The Internet: What I’m Doing With It, What It’s Doing To Us, How It’s Changed Me, Etc.

May 26th, 2009 by iMonk

A bunch of things that occurred to me today, all related to the internet and what we do on it and with it.

1. It strikes me that the predominant sins in this medium are narcissism and waste. We need to differentiate narcissism from various kinds of legitimate self-revelation, but we need to proclaim that narcissism is a sin many of us are absolutely exulting in.

And waste is waste. Time. Affections. Work. Mental energy. Significance. read the rest

On that note I'm heading outside to do work - lots and lots of work....

Thanks to Terry over at Abby Roads

3 comments:

Tracy said...

great updates Adrienne!

Sarah - Kala said...

Hmmmmm. There sure are a few points in that linked article to ponder. I have much to think about with this issue of blogging. Until then, I have much to do about this place in order to move into an hotel. We are on the last leg of being in Maryland. First up: my eldest will be Confirmed Friday. Exciting times!

MightyMom said...

hmm, well I read the post and really can't find anything there that would lead me to believe I should change or stop blogging.

I just don't have the same experience.