Friday, May 29, 2009

Update:

Earlier I posted on the controversy surrounding the arrest of a man who killed an armed robber. So far I think Father Erik over at Orthometer has the best answer. I'm still waiting for some of my legal eagle types (where are you Mark?), to check in.

Father Erik said:

"I think it will come down to whether or not the dead gunman (if your old enough to commit armed robbery, you are a man not a boy) still constituted a threat or could reasonably been considered one. If there is any doubt, it should be in the pharmacist's favor."

"As for the race pimps, they are doing the cause of racial justice no favors. And while I certainly feel compassion for the dead robber's mom, she would do well to blame her son, not the man resisting violent crime."

I might mention that Father Erik just won Best Blog by a Religious at the annual Cannonball Blog Awards. His acceptance post was gracious and oh so charming.

I Would Like To Thanks All The Little People...

who I browbeat into voting for me in the 2009 Cannonball Awards.

Looks like I won Best Blog By A Religious... Not Fr. Z. (Maybe this should be renamed, Blog By Priest Who Needs to pray more.)

I also won Best Blog That Needs To Be Updated More Often. (I promise to do all in my power to deserve this award in the coming year.)

And now for the sour grapes.

In the category of Bat Shit Crazy, I came in third behind The Diginatrix and The Crescat herself. (Personally, I think they had unfair advantages. Digi is an ex-patriot New Yawker and lawyer living in the OC with two kids. Kat is a single mother who works with an Enya addict. Of course they come across more BSC!)

I was whipped fair and square by the Bonnie Blue Flag Waving Southern Appeal in the Church Militant Category, thus demonstrating the power of pulled-pork BBQ, sweet tea, and grits. I will thus emulate that great American General Robert E. Lee and concede defeat with gracious dignity.

2 comments:

ArchAngel's Advocate said...

You're still a winner. Come get one of these...

Mark D. said...

Sorry, Adrienne. I took a blogging break over the weekend, and I'm not up to speed on the case. Busy day at work tomorrow too -- I don't think I'll be getting to it anytime soon. Sorry.