Saturday, May 2, 2009



Mark Steyn

****I've become quite a fan of Mark Steyn since he has substituted for Rush Limbaugh on numerous occasions. I loved his accent and thought he was pretty darn smart.

****Until this evening I had never seen a picture of him. Imagine my surprise when, after envisioning a small, rather dried up little guy, I stumble upon this picture. That led to a Google image search and my-of-my - he's one hot looking guy. Just my type. What my Mom always called "white bread." It's true - opposites attract!! (Down girl!!)

****Ok, back on track now. His article "Obama looks moderate, acts radical" is excellent and well worth a read.





Brideshead Revisited

*****After a day of hard work outside and Mass at 6pm, we finally got around to watching the original Brideshead Revisited. (or at least we got started as it's about 11 or episodes). The DVD had been languishing by our TV for at least 6 weeks. Thank goodness for Netflix and their easy going rental policies.

*****I was worried that the screen adaptation would be a bit on the "slow" side for my temperament, but I am thoroughly enchanted and can't wait to see more. The casting is perfect and the acting is wonderful.

5 comments:

Kirk and Sir George said...

My sister was in love with Anthony Andrews. I don't remember how many times she watched him as the Scarlet Pimpernel but it was enough that she could practically remember all the lines!

Jennifer said...

I thought mark steyn was an old gray haired fellow. I do enjoy listening to him. Thanks for the article. I noticed that "Brideshead Revisited" is being revisited. I think it is coming out in theatre soon, maybe? not sure.

Lola said...

I think you just might have a thing for Canadians.

I do too! I married one.

Anonymous said...

It's superb!

gemoftheocean said...

I LOVE this to death!