Monday, February 23, 2009


What are Your Lenten Plans??

Ok, me first (well, it is my blog).

*****I've finally decided to do the Ignatian retreat during Lent. I participated in the SEEL (Spiritual Exercises in Everyday Life) at Gonzaga University, and the benefits were great. Of course, I won't be taking a year to complete the Exercises. All my SEEL notebooks are intact and ready to go.

Creighton University has a wonderful online source for the Exercises if you are interested. I still need to pick out some Lenten reading, but since I own a gazillion wonderful books, including the letters of St. Ignatius, it won't be a difficult task.

*****I have also decided to cut back my posts to three per week. Now that will be hard!! I'm sure cyber-space will survive just dandy without my continual presence (my survival is up for grabs).

What are your plans?

6 comments:

Emily/Randomability said...

I am planning on giving up the playing on the internet M-F (Mostly during work hours).

If you see me on facebook, Yell at me.

Kathleen Miller said...

I will be making a retreat at a nearby Opus Dei center( haven't made one in nine years), and am still formulating my other Lenten plans. I'll keep you posted.

Emily/Randomability said...

Okay. I've made my intentions. No playing on the Internets M-Sat. No blogging, no facebook, no forums. no news reading.

Just work related items and email.

ashley said...

I plan to post on my Lenten plans on my blog tomorrow. They involve meatless Wednesday in addition to Friday and the Liturgy of the Hours.

Mark D. said...

I'm cutting back on posting as well -- three times a week max. (Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday, I think). It will be difficult, but necessary, I think, to keep away from getting too wrapped up in what's going on in the world instead of focusing on what's going on in terms of Lent.

MightyMom said...

you'll have to stop by my place tomorrow to find out!!


actually I'll have to stop by my place tomorrow to find out too!!!


I have plans...but then I had doubts...so I've consulted my Favorite Friar on the subject and am awaiting a response...what I decide to do will ultimately depend on his advice....