Thursday, December 4, 2008

*
*

Elle Update


****The vet said Elle appeared to be doing better this morning. She ate a tablespoon of food and has kept it down. The blood work that was sent out still shows an abnormally low protein count, and we are hoping it is a result of the pancreatitis and not some other condition. She will probably stay in the hospital again tonight.

Thank you to everyone who has been concerned and wished her (and me) well.
*
*
Thursday, December 4
Gospel Reading
****"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.
****Everyone who listens to these words of mine and acts on them will be like a wise man who built his house on rock.
****The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew and buffeted the house. But it did not collapse; it had been set solidly on rock.
****And everyone who listens to these words of mine but does not act on them will be like a fool who built his house on sand.
****The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew and buffeted the house. And it collapsed and was completely ruined."
Matthew 7:21, 24-27
*
*Are you building your house on rock or sand?
*
*
*And...........a big thank you to Jeff at The Curt Jester for making the great graphic of the Advent wreath in the upper left corner of my blog.
****He has graciously provided the code to anyone who would like to post the wreath. This proves he's not just another pretty face. *
*
****I have several meme's to do but first I need to go to Costco and buy meatballs for a funeral to be held on Saturday. One of the memes requires us to list five things we are grateful for in our lives. I was feeling a bit put out over having to make another trip back to Costco since the request came in just moments after arriving home from a trip to Costco.
*
****It occurred to me, as I was grumbling internally this morning, perhaps I should be grateful for being able to buy meatballs for a funeral that was not my own. That put it in perspective!
*
Sorry God!
*
*

2 comments:

Mark D. said...

I hope that the good news keeps coming regarding your dog. Pets bring so much richness to our lives, and they are such an important part of who we are.

Adrienne said...

I have no children so they are really my "kids"