Saturday, November 29, 2008

Praying Advent

Creighton University has one of the best websites available on the web. They have numerous resources for prayer and reflection.

Their Praying Advent is a wonderful resource for those of us who seem to be tied to our computers. Based on the readings for the days of Advent, plus text from the Liturgy of the Hours, it offers us a way to pray our way through this wonderful season of anticipation.

I do best when I have some direction in my prayer life and a resource such as this works well for me. Take a peek and see if this is something you may enjoy and find worthwhile.

* * *
Mary Rose over at Confessions of a Prodigal Daughter brought to my attention something for you iphone users for Advent. You might want to check it out.

* * *



Owen (onionboy) has a very special devotion for Advent.

In his words:

****"Beginning November 25th my family and I are praying through the Month for the Souls In Purgatory from November 25th to December 25th 2008. This is my third year practising this devotion while three of my family members joined me during 2007 and again this year.
We would be most pleased and grateful to add any of your deceased Christian loved ones to our list of souls being prayed for. Our family is offering Masses during these thirty days leading up to Christmas Day, known as a day when our Holy Mother, through her faithful prayers, sees many souls released from Purgatory to enter the gates of heaven."
*
Art Show
*
Don't miss Terry's art show, "Compartments", at Abbey-Roads. Admission is free so you can go back many times (as I have) to enjoy the many different pictures.
*
*

2 comments:

Tracy said...

wow, what an amazing picture!!

the mother of this lot said...

That's a fantastic website Adrienne. Thanks!