Sunday, July 20, 2008

I have made it a habit to print out and keep items on the internet I find particularly illuminating. When I last visited Father John Speekman, he had a wonderful post on today's Gospel reading of the Sower and the Seed. Stopping back today after Mass this morning to make my copy, this is what I encountered. Due to my horrendously long work days in the blazing sun I am still operating on "I Can't Brain Today". But I found these questions so easy to answer that even being in the state of "Having the Dumb" didn't pose a problem.

This is what Father John has requested:





A Eweewe is closely related to a Meme which gives you a chance to tell others about you. A Eweewe (pronounced you you and, according to an ancient tradition, sometimes written as Yuyu or even Uu) gives others a chance to tell you about you. Now that's simple enough, isn't it? And so worth doing!


I tag Mark from Dominican Idaho

Therese from Aussie Coffee Shop



Answer the following questions:

In a few words, explain why you find me so attractive as a human being.
Name two things you admire about me.
Name two more.

Place a tick if you agree:
  • I am dynamic
  • witty
  • fun to be with
  • cool

Say something nice about me.

If you wish to tag someone with this Eweewe, please remember it is 'non-transferable'. In other words, it always has to be about me, not about you or anyone else. OK? Good. Now go for it. Enjoy! And remember always to send me a copy.

My response to Father John:

I don't remember by which path I stumbled onto your blog. Just one day - there it was. I remember how strongly I felt when I looked at your picture. You look so happy and kind, and I knew I would like to know you better. Then I read every one of your posts and knew I was right about my first impression.

I admire most your kindness and humor. It also seems that you are gentle but no "pushover."

You are definitely dynamic, witty, and very cool. I'll have to take Therese of Aussie Coffee Shops word for the "fun to be with part", as I haven't exactly been with you except in spirit - and that's pretty darn fun!

The nicest thing I could possibly say about any priest is that I wish he were my pastor. The blogosphere gives us a way to connect with people like you who lift us up and gently guide us when we are feeling lost. A visit to your blog always does that for me.

I tag the usual suspects (and people I am sure will say reasonably nice things about me - Tony (Soprano) doesn't have a fool for a friend):

Tom in Vegas of the ridiculously long and un-spellable blog name

Terry of Abbey Roads (now that should be interesting!)

Mary Rose of True Confessions of a Prodigal Daughter

I wish I could just tag everyone 'cause hardly anyone says nice things about me..........sigh, boo hoo. I'm such a baby!!!

* * * *

6 comments:

Fr John Speekman said...

Ooooooooh!! you make me feel so embarrassed. My Eweewe post was the result of a hilarious session of silliness I had with a couple of friends and I didn't REALLY intend you would do it .. hehe. I just thought it was so silly it was worth posting. I actually thought you would say something like 'Fr John, if you have a need for affirmation go talk to your mother, or someone.'

Anyway, your post shows the quality of your sense of humour, Adrienne, and I stand in awe. I've found the best way to deal with silliness is pretend to take it seriously and embarrass the perpetrator TOTALLY. You've done a great job!! hehe - Congratulations.

Adrienne said...

Oh sure - try to wiggle out now. Just won't do.

You obviously were feeling sad and lonely and needed affirmation. Don't worry ---- I understand and feel your pain. Even priest have feelings and have their low days.

Adrienne said...

...........and besides - I meant every word I said.

Fr John Speekman said...

Adrienne, you are a cruel, cruel, nasty woman .. lol!

Tom in Vegas said...

Looks like I'm tagged.

Don't worry, I'll lie a little;0) LOL!

Katie Alender said...

I'm confused about the actual process of the ewewe (I prefer "ee-wee-wee"--more artistic), but I'm happy to say something nice about you, even though I wasn't tagged (I get that much). I always enjoy your blog, and many of the things you post really make me think. (Sometimes about serious stuff, sometimes about groundhogs!)