Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Daylilies
are
Blooming




Part of the Cutting Garden




The Real Difference Between Men and Women


Doing Stuff vs Projects


Women just "do stuff." Men have projects. This is Harold's sidewalk project leading into Mary's Garden. Harold's project led me to "do stuff." I murdered all the grass on the outside of Mary's garden on the west side. The area will be mounded and covered in bark. It is in this way that I keep Harold busy with projects and off the streets.


Harold's pending project due to Her Highness the Dreamer Up of Projects. The "kill area" wends its merry way in a serpentine line around all the trees. It will be mounded slightly and covered in bark. Lavender will be the only plantings. Harold is sooooooooooo happy!


Here's Harold right now working on another "project." He has a real thing about dead iris blooms and must run around and clip off all gazillion on them. Cute legs, huh?










* * *


8 comments:

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Looks lovely..

Tom in Vegas said...

Nice. Very nice. I especially like Harold's sidewalk.

I thought the main differences between the sexes was that we were from Mars and you guys were from Venus.

Adrienne said...

jackie - you can say that 'cause you can't see the weeds in the pictures. Green is green....

Tom - correct - on Mars there are projects and on Venus there is just a bunch of women getting stuff done.....

Harold's sidwalk is gorgeous. He first had it lined with stone almost the same color of the sidewalk which looked dreadful. I didn't interveve because he just gets all stubborn. So he spent a whole day spreading rock and another whole day taking it up and replacing it with the bark.

Know what he said to me???? "Why didn't you say something?" Sometimes you just can't win......

Tracy said...

oh wow, so beautiful!!

Motherhen said...

Ms. Martha Stewart!

gemoftheocean said...

Adrienne, these pictures are GORGEOUS. What a lot of toil and sweat expended ... and the fruits of your labor were worth every drop!

Tom in Vegas said...

I like Harold. He reminds me of me:0)

Adrienne said...

......and that's why I like you, Tom ;)